16

he only had one thing on his mind now. 'i'm coming back changkyun'.  

staggering through the elevator door and up to his flat, jooheon felt like he was dieing. every step he took, he felt the immense pain shooting over his entire body. he could taste blood in his mouth, feel numerous fractured and broken bones and he wished that he could just close his eyes and lie down. 

he didn't do that though. he had one thought in his mind. to keep the promise he had made with changkyun. the 'ding' of the elevator told jooheon he had reached his floor and with low grunts and a lot of effort, jooehon trudged towards his door. 

everything was becoming hazier and darker with each step the boy took. it hurt so much. jooheon's breathing increased as he clutched onto his heart. he didn't know what was wrong with him but he knew what could help. jooheon needed changkyun.

the image of the younger boy with fluffy brown hair that was so soft, skin so soft and scent so addicting made jooheon grit his teeth as he took more steps. jooheon was in front of his door now and stretching his hurt arm, he pressed the door bell.

the boy flopped onto the floor, not being able to hold himself up any longer as his breathing increased rapidly then slowed down. from inside the house, jooheon could hear frantic steps and a small smile spread onto the older boy's face as he imagined his baby changkyun in his clothes running towards him. the thought itself was enough to spread a warm feeling within jooheon.

the door opened to a scared-looking changkyun. a few tears threatened to spill as changkyun saw his boyfriend on the floor with blood nearly everywhere on his body. a gasp escaped his mouth as he quickly bent over to help jooheon up. when changkyun felt jooheon's limp body he bent down low as he carried jooheon inside. using his feet to close the door, changkyun tried his best to hurry inside. 

a few tears spilled as the franticness and fear took over changkyun's mind. 

"i-it's okay baby, i-i'm here now"

changkyun swallowed down the fear as he carried his boyfriend over to the couch. as if he was dealing with a fragile christmas ornament, changkyun layed his boyfriend down gently before taking in  a few deep breaths. turning around he searched for the first aid box and pain killers. he had made sure he knew where they were before, knowing that jooheon could come home like this.

but changkyun didn't regret letting jooheon go, because that was what he had promised. it had been a part of their trust, and jooheon had fulfilled his promise and had come back to him. changkyun was okay as long as jooheon was safe and with him.

"t-take these first", changkyun's voice trembled as he fed jooheon some pain killers. changkyun's eyes widened in fear as jooheon couldn't swallow the water. urgently wiping the water the older had spat out, he soothed the jooheon's back as he slowly fed the older boy water. changkyun sighed in relief as jooheon finally swallowed the pills after much difficulty.

"hey", jooheon's voice was so weak it hurt changkyun just to hear it but nonetheless, changkyun didn't want jooheon to worry about him so the younger answered, trying to sound optimistic. 

"doesn't this," jooheon started, as he took a deep breath and his face scrunched up in pain, "remind you of our first real meeting?"

changkyun's mind momentarily flashed back to when he had helped jooheon by sneaking him into the flower shop after the older boy had turned up so injured. changkyun nodded as he took out all the things he needed. the boy had his head turned around as he sorted out through the first aid kit as he sat on the edge of the sofa jooheon was lying in.

feeling jooheon grab his wrist, changkyun immediately turned around.

"i-i want to say this c-changkyun", changkyun wanted to tell the older to save his breath, to tell him later but seeing the struggle on jooheon's face, he couldn't bear interrupt, "i-i love you"

changkyun watched as jooheon stared at him intently, pain engrained onto his face yet a sense of bliss danced around it. simply nodding, changkyun ordered the older to rest as he started cleaning and dressing jooheon's wounds.

changkyun sighed as stepped out of the bathroom. jooheon had fallen asleep mid way when changkyun was dressing his wounds. not wanting to disturb the older anymore, changkyun had gotten him a blanket and gently placed in on top of the sleeping boy. stroking the elder's hair, changkyun left a soft kiss on jooheon's forehead. 

although everything seemed to be okay now, changkyun couldn't ignore all the other problems in their lives. although jooheon had left the gang, would it really be that easy to leave behind everything he had been a part of? changkyun's own parents were also a worry. the boy would sometime have to leave jooheon's place and go back to face his parents, yet he dreaded that moment so much. 

changkyun was worried about their future. would they be able to stay together, love and support each other just like now?

the future was something scary. no one knew how things could turn out. the future scared changkyun and he just wanted things to be like now, having jooheon safe and beside him was enough.

although changkyun didn't know what would become of them, as he watched jooheon sleeping soundly, he knew one thing.

'as long as i'm with you, i'll always do my best so that our future can shine as bright as how you were my light in the never-ending darkness'

-------

hello! this story is coming to an end now~ I am planning on one more chapter and would just like to thank all of you for reading this book! even though I may not have replied to all your comments, I have read every single one of them and am so thankful and so grateful that you enjoy reading my story!

EDIT: oops, forgot to reveal this but the youngjae in this story was based on yoo youngjae (BAP) :)

also, if you are a 'hyungwonho' shipper, I will be working on my hyungwonho fic 'neighbours' after finishing this book so please check it out~

oh! and also this is very late but congratulations to our boys and monbebes for #MONSTAX1stWIN !