As if I really had the chance...

"Fine. I only came here to get her away from you anyway. Fucking bitch is trying to get laid again..." She said and snapped her fingers, on cue her and her posse turned away from me but then she turned to face me again. "Ta-ta, my love." And she walked away. Fuck you Marianne.

I walk back to class with my mind corrupted in hatred, ignoring the greets from my friends and also thinking about Penelope... How she could possible hate me for something I wasn't aware of doing..

-----

[Penelope's POV:]

Phew. That was close.

I really have to grow some balls next time.

I can't be like this forever.

'But being bullied is your thing!'

Please just leave me alone.

But Harry's right. I can't go alone. I can't leave this place on my own. I can't meet my dad like this.

I text Nick.

'To 'theNickster'

Let's go on an adventure :)'

Minutes later I received his reply...

'From 'theNickster'

Where to now?'

I smile. He knows I'm into this and I know that he gets irritated whenever I make sudden plans but it's sad that he never got used to it. 2 months should be enough, right? Shouldn't he like take me around now? Shouldn't he support everything I want to do?

I understand that he could express his own opinion but sometimes I feel that his opinions come too often. Or more than the usual.

I tell him all about what's on my mind. I tell him that I want to see my father. I tell him I want to look at my pictures. I want to see myself happy. I want to look at myself years back. If my mother doesn't have them, then it's got to be with my dad.

He tells me to meet him by the entrance.

-----

"Are you sure you want to do this? We could back out and just 'stay in school'." He said, waving his hands in the air like the phrase is some jackpot prize or something.

I buckle up my seatbelt. "Of course. Everyday's an adventure."

"If we get in trouble, you get all the blame."

"And if we don't, then you could just kiss me all you want."

"Hm, I'd like that."

"You're disgusting." We laughed.

"Hey, you brought it up."

"But that's what we always do."

"And we love it."

"Can we just hit the road already? The sooner we get there, the faster we get this done."

He places my hand into his, keeping it warm. And then we were off.

I put one of his random playlists in to play. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and his smile reached the stars.

-----

I hate it when I overthink things that shouldn't really matter, like how Harry must've felt when I ran into him this morning or how much I have changed or how less my friends and I even see each other.

Well, maybe the other two should... But why does Harry's feelings still affect me?

I have yet to finish thinking this through but because I was so caught up having fun with Nick, I couldn't concentrate.

In the back of my head, I knew that Harry was going to cover up all the bruises in my heart. In the back of my head, it was Harry who made me happy. But it has always been the same reason... I was afraid to tell Nick.

I couldn't tell Nick about what's going on in my head. I didn't want him to get hurt and I hate myself for being so dishonest.

I couldn't even tell him that he wasn't himself and wasn't the guy I fell for. But it's either that or I didn't get to really know him well enough. It was always his way and I rarely made any decisions for myself because I thought if I was going to do something, he should give his own points about it.

Wait. Why am I complaining?

I love Nick.

Because of him, I'm not afraid of Marianne anymore. He made me happy too! And I know he loves me unconditionally.

He likes it when I paint for him and takes me home because he wants me safe. And he dedicates whatever he does for me.

He nudges me and when I opened my eyes, I saw the tall building where my dad is working out the window. I turn to him. "Goodluck." He says.

-------------------------------------

Hiya! :)

Sorry if I haven't been active. I was so busy with college. Y'know the usual: the pile of homework and projects and given the fact that my course is a bit political, I needed to do a lot of proposal papers.

Plus, I'm officially 17! Yay! :D Also, I just found that this story has 700+ reads! Thank you so much for reading this weird and fast story. Sorry, too, if there are a lot of grammatical errors + lack of sense in this story. I will try to make the storyline better and update faster.

Have a nice day/good evening to you guys! :)

Yourstruly_me xx