CHAPTER 18

[Harry's POV:]

I miss her.

It kills me everyday, seeing her with Nick. She looks so happy with him.

What's different is that she isn't really spending time with her friends like she used to... But what do I know? I've never been there for her. I've probably been cut out of her life now.

I was walking down the classroom hall when I saw her walking quickly, alone. She looked like she was in a hurry. Should I talk to her? I sure do want to know if we're alright, though maybe she doesn't wanna talk to me. She looks really serious too.

And then I see her eyes shift to me. I smiled at her. She didn't react. Well, her surprised face said otherwise.

Get your shit together Zeppe.

[Penelope's POV:]

Oh no... Not now.

Harry's walking towards me.

WAIT. WHY AM I LOOKING AT HIM.

Penelope, don't even think about it.

[Harry's POV:]

She looks so worried.

[Penelope's POV:]

'Oooooh, there he is!'

IGNORE.

[Harry's POV:]

Here goes nothing.

"Hey Penelope-

"Look, Harry.... I'm kinda busy right now." She moves away. "Next time, 'kay?"

She turns to walk further, I stop her by her wrist. She looks back at me, a little annoyed.

"There won't be a next time, is there?"

Her eyes started to soften. I pull her in for a hug but she stops it from happening. Why is she resisting? Does she hate me that much? What did I do?

We remain like that for 5 minutes. The bell rings.

"I... Really have to go." she says. "I'm sorry."

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere. Just somewhere important. None of your business." she fixed her beanie, some hair that were sticking out are now covered by the white cloth.

"I'll come with you then."

"I just said it's none of your business."

"Hello babe." I look behind her, Marianne was there, crossed arms and already glaring at Penelope.

I almost forgot that there were people around us.

"Why are you here, you slut? Shouldn't you be over there? With your boyfriend?" She hissed. "Or are you just playing dirty."

"You stay out of this." I pull Penelope, putting her behind me.

"Hey, you can't do that to her! You're her -"

"Shut up Beck. Let me handle this." Marianne said, her forefinger commanding her friend to zip.

Such a brat.

"I should really be going." Penelope whispered. "Nick's getting really worried."

And then she was gone.

"Ha, not really a toughie when she's not around? You should really give up Harry. She's never going to-"

I glare at her. The tone of my voice, unfamiliar and strangely deep as I said, "Can you just leave me alone?" Her voice irritates me. I want this fucking mad woman away from me. Goddamn it, because of her I never got the chance to talk to Penelope.