CHAPTER 16

[Penelope's POV:]

Why do I feel.... wet? and cold?

The blanket's gone and my face.. Something's licking me.

I open my eyes to see Goob, my cute little Keeshond looking down at me. It licks my face, my forehead especially. How'd it get here?

I sit up, groaning as I rub my eyes while he makes it to my lap with his tongue sticking out. I scratch the back of his ear, he's cute weak spot whenever he wants to high-five me. "How'd you get here, goobipus?" Then it ran off. Was I just dreaming? I stand up, fix the pillows and fold the blankets. I run to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and drink. "Harry?" I called.

No response.

Harry must've left me alone again.. But what about Carla? Did she leave?

"Carla?" Where are they?

"P?" I hear from behind me. I slowly turn towards the voice and saw Carla holding her blue-and-white striped towel. "Morning beautiful!" She sings out, hugging me.

"Um.. Good morning?"

"Now that you're awake, you can join me for a swim!" She says, dragging me out of the back door. "Harry's such a killjoy, him and his morning routines. Always wanting to have to jog as he wakes up."

Harry? He does that?

"Yeah, he does."

"What?"

"You asked me if he usually runs in the morning and I said 'yes'."

"Well... I didn't exa-" did she actually read me my mind? Cool...

"You didn't what?"

"Nothing. I was just saying that I have to change into more decent clothes.."

She stops then turn to eye my huge shirt and the sweatpants. "I've got the right pair for you."

-----

"Carla.. I'm not used to wearing things like these and besides, it looks ugly on me."

"Oh nonsense. It suits you and..." She pauses, smirking at me. "I know you got the hots for my brother, so show off your curves!" She went back to digging in for another pair of bikini.

I did the self-analyzation last night and well... I slept through it. Nick has been pretty sweet to me and I'm starting to have an itty bitty crush on him and Harry, being my maybe-first-love and childhood friend..... It didn't seem like he was into me that much. I'm probably or basically just a little sister to him.

"Actually, I don't."

She stops then looks at me again. The determination in her eyes made her look mad but she was just intrigued. It's the same look she had on when Harry was acting so weird last night.

"What do you mean you don't? It's all over your face." She says.

"What's all over my face." And then she's smirking again. " Carla? What is it?"

"Nothing. Nothing.." But she's still smirking.

"CARLA"

"I said it's nothing!" She says, laughing. "But seriously... It's really obvious that you like baby Chief." She went back to picking up the pair of bikini. "Try this." She demands, throwing the garments at me.

"Well, honestly.. If I have to tell you, then the person I really like is Nick and not Harry.." I smile at the names that came out of my mouth. My lips tremble as I said Nick's but relaxes as I said Harry's. Little did I notice she was paying attention to me. But she kept quiet and continued on looking for some clothes, probably something to cover up my body. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to offend you or anything."