The Secret from within

Start from the beginning

"Caras Galadhon... The heart of Elvendom on earth.... Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." Haldir spoke with much pride in his voice as he looked at his home land. Alvena's breath was stolen by the beauty of Lothlorien, never in her life would she ever think to see such beauty. Rivendell and Mirkwood were very much beautiful but Lothlorien had that alluring beauty.

Everyone starred in awe as they saw the beautiful sight. Haldir continued to lead them until they had reached the heart of Caras Galadhon. As they walked to the top of the large spiral stair case, Haldir had them wait at a grand court. Then two heavenly figures walked down steps hand in hand. The figure of a man could be seen and the other was that of a woman. They were Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel.

"The enemy knows you have entered here.... what hope you had in secrecy is now gone.... nine that there are here... yet ten there were set out from Rivendell... tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him... I can no longer see him from afar." Celeborn spoke with such wisdom in his voice.

"Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land." Galadriel whispered quietly. "He has fallen into Shadow." she said in a daze.

"He was taken by both Shadow and Flame... a Balrog of Morgoth... for we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Aragorn said lightly and the faces of both Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel fell sadly.

"Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life... we do not yet know his full purpose... do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dum fill your heart Gimli, son of Gloin for the world has grown full of peril and in all lands love is now mingled with grief." Lady Galadriel said darkly.

"What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf hope is lost." Lord Celeborn said.

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife... stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all... Yet hope remains while the Company is true... Do not let your hearts be troubled... go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil... tonight you will sleep in peace." Lady Galadriel said as she looked intently at Frodo. Before Alvena could walk away Lady Galadriel spoke "Princess Alvena, it is a pleasure to be in your presence once again." Alvena turned to face her and smiled "As I Lady Galadriel." Galadriel smiled before Alvena walked with the fellowship.

The fellowship were escorted to the bottom of the trees what looked like a resting garden for them to rest.

 ***

Alvena was given fresh leggings and a tunic and after she got some sleep and something to eat she decided to wander the forest grabbing the chance to see something new. "Excuse me Princess Alvena but Lady Galadriel requests your presence." a voice said behind her, she turned around to face Haldir. "Thank you... and please call me Alvena or Vena." 

Haldir held out his arm for her to hold and as she did Haldir said "You are from the red kingdom." Certainly it was not a question. 

"I have always admired the red Kingdom, I have visited the red Kingdom before. People there were kinder and very welcoming. I especially enjoyed the dinner entertainment where they would do tricks and show off their abilities with fire." he said as they walked towards Galadriel's room. 

"Wow! It sounds amazing. I wish I was there to see it for myself." Alvena said sadly as she imagined her kingdom in her head because it was the closest thing she could do to feel and actually be home.

"Do not be sad Vena, there is still hope. You are the princess of the red Kingdom there must have been a reason for your parents to leave you here. Just don't give up on hope when you know there is still a bit left of it." he said as he bowed to Alvena and walked away, Alvena didn't notice but she was already in Galadriel's garden. "Come child." Galadriel's voice echoed through the enchanted air.