Chapter Eight

Nate's POV
—————————————
It was Monday again. Ugh. I hate Monday's. I have science on Mondays and I absolutely hate science. At least I have it at the end of the day. I have half of the day with Reece. In one class I sit next to her too. That class is math and I have that first. I get there first and then I see Reece walk in. She goes over to her seat. I look at her stomach and it is getting bigger. I wonder if she found out the gender yet. I know I want to be apart of the Baby's life. After every one is comes into the class we start on our warm up. It was really quiet so I couldn't tell her yet. I waited for us to have partner time to discuss our answers. Five minutes later it was partner time. I look at her and my voice goes to a whisper.

"I just wanted you to know that I will do whatever it takes to help you with this baby if you keep it. I promise I will be a good dad," I tell her.

"Nate, I'm keeping it. And it's a girl," she tells me, smiling. I lean back, shocked. I always wanted a daughter. Definitely not at this time but when I got out of college I wanted a daughter.

"Awesome," I tell her and we continue with our math.

AT THE END OF THE DAY:

"Reece. I was wondering if you wanted to come over today and discuss things?" I ask her.

"Sure," she tells me.

"Ok. I'll text you at 5," I tell her and get in my car to go home.

AT 5:

*knock on door*

"Come in!" I scream. I hear the door open and I come bounding down the stairs.

"Hey Reece," I say guiding her to my room.

"Hey. Why did you want me to come here again?" She asks me.

"I was wondering.... if maybe we could try dating. It would be better for our daughter and we only have to try for like a week and if things go well, then we can stay together," I tell her. She probably didn't get all of that because I was talking way too fast. I reach for her hand and she lets me take it.

"I mean, I guess we can try," she tells me.

"Also, do you have enough room in your house for a nursery?" I ask her.

"Yeah. We have a guest bedroom we are going to turn into a nursery. Do you want to come with me tomorrow to the store and help decorate it? She asks me.

"Sure," I say, smiling. I lean in and kiss her on her cheek and we talk for two hours before she went home.