Chapter 5: Submission

Börja om från början

I growled, and then instantly knew exactly where I was headed next. Sure enough, the lights in my house were on. I shifted back into my human skin, so pissed off I swear there was steam coming out of my ears.

I pounded on the door as hard as I could, shaking a little. I wanted to hit somebody so bad.

The door opened and Dad was standing there with the gun in his hand. "Put the gun away and let me the fuck in," I snarled.

"What are you doing here, Ren?" he asked, turning around and allowing me in the house.

"I just came here from Alice's house," I began, slamming the door behind me. Mom appeared from the hallway, looking at us both uncertainly.

"Ren?" she asked.

"She said that you told her that they weren't allowed to talk to me or hang out with me. What the fuck is up with that?!" I yelled.

 Dad whirled on me, not angrily, but something else, hidden from me. "The reason I told them not to takl to you is because you need to learn how to control yourself better. The less Winter friends you have, the more Dahlia friends you have. The Dahlias are very well behaved, and I think you could learn a thing or two from them," he said. There was a strange sparkle in his eyes, but his face was serious.

I growled.

"I think you'd better go," Mom whispered, not looking at me.

I glared at her, then at Dad, and then spun around and walked out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I stormed across the yard, but didn't run. I just walked, not wanting to go anywhere near Michael's house. My friends had rejected me. Now what?

I finally made it back to Michael's house, stopped, and kicked off my shoes. Time to sneak back into my room.

I gently reached for the knob, that was still unlocked, and slid into the house, closing the door silently behind me. I took a moment to get my quiet on, and then turned around... and nearly screamed.

Standing in front of me, with his arms crossed, was Michael. He was half-smirking and half-glaring at me. "Glad you're back before sunrise, Ren," he said in a flat, angry voice.

"You're lucky I even came back at all," I snapped, still pissed at my friends and Dad.

"Where'd you go?"

"Wherever the hell I wanted."

Now he just smiled mischieviously. "You think I'm a moron, don't you?"

"A little bit."

He chuckled. "Oh, Ren. It's shame your father told your friends not to speak with you, isn't it?" he asked.

I froze and narrowed my eyes at him. "How did you know?"

"I followed you."

"You what?!"

"Ren, I heard your bedroom door open. At first I thought you were just getting a drink, and then when I heard the front door open and saw you take off, I went after you," he replied casually.

I glared at him. "Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I yelled, suddenly so angry I couldn't control myself.

"Watch your mouth, Ren," he snapped.

"Fuck off! I can't talk however the hell I fucking want to!"

He charged me, grabbing me by the shoulders and shoving me against the door with a thud. I winced at the pain in my back, but resumed my glaring at him. "Enough, Ren!" he yelled in my face. "This ends now! I will not have you speaking to me like this, sneaking out in the middle of the night, or attacking my pack members!"

"Let go of me!" I yelled back, thrashing against him, but he tightened his grip and pressed me to the door harder.

"Not until you stop being this way."

I growled and bared my fangs at him as a warning. I was already pissed off enough, and he wasn't making this any better.

He stood tall and leaned over me, clenching his jaw and releasing his own rumbling growl from the depths of his muscled chest. Instantly it sent chills through me, and I averted my eyes from his in unwilling submission. My wolf instincts told me to look away, to submit to this alpha, but my pride told me something else.

I brought my knee up into his groin as hard as I could. He grunted his pain and I slipped away from him, only to be tackled down onto the hardwood floor with my wrists and legs pinned the ground. He growled in my ear and when I glanced up, I saw a very muscular grey wolf glaring down at me with lips pulled back away from his fangs.

I glared at him and then bucked him off enough for me to roll away and shift into my own wolf form, growling back at him. I refused to submit to him.

He charged me and I stood my ground, ready to bite him anywhere I could get a grip. But instead I ended up knocked over again, on my back, below the massive wolf. Enough is enough, Ren, he growled.

I snapped at him, but he snapped back, catching my lip just barely enough to draw blood. I snapped at him again, going for a warning bite to the throat, but he shoved me back down with his front paw and snapped at me again, keeping his head low and near my neck, still snarling. I could feel his hot breath through my fur, and I feared him actually tearing into my flesh. Finally, after a few more minutes of growling at him, I finally stopped and gave into submission.

He shifted into his human form and I did too, not looking at him and breathing a little hard. "What will it take for you to learn not to challenge me?" he snapped, grabbing my face with one hand and making me look at him. "Huh? What will it take, Ren?"

I pushed his hand away from me and slid out from under him. I still didn't look at him as I made my way up the stairs with my head low, feeling pathetic. I shut and locked my bedroom door, climbed into bed, and fell asleep, hating everything.