Lies...

One thing I learned while working in a casino, most men just try to flirt to either get in your pants or pass their time. Even though it was my first time working at a casino, many of my coworkers had experienced these behaviors previously.

        “Not many men are who they claim they are.” One of my coworkers had said after I told her about one of the security guys. “They might tell you they are single but they have a life at home no one knows about!”

        “What you mean?” I asked.

        “They’re married. Or even got a girlfriend. But they aint gona tell you. Men up here can be twice your age but they definitely got experience with the women!”

        I remember shaking my head and waving her off. I didn’t want to believe it cause my security guy was the perfect gentlemen.

        “Be careful, girl.” She’d said one day. “They might be throwing in the charm just to pull you in. better be careful than sorry.”

        But I didn’t listen to her. I continued talking to Cyril, my security guy. Sure he was twice my age, and I was doing nothing but filling him with lies but he was still a gentlemen. I didn’t want to lose him, so I told him I was in my early thirties, even though I wasn’t. I even told him I use to have a kid. One lie after another, but it still kept him in. I just hope it didn’t make things get carried away….