Ch.9 - Broken Men

Start from the beginning

He was about to retreat it when she opened one eye to look at it. After thinking she grabbed it and took a sip, instantly spurting it out.

"What the hell? This is tea." She made a disgusted face at him.

He offered her a laugh, taking the flask away from her, "You're probably the first who accepted a drink. But sad, I don't drink. At least not everyday. I just like to fool around with people."

"Not funny!" She was annoyed.

"Sorry! I just thought you needed a little happiness. You look dead." He commented

She went back to sleeping once more and he didn't disturb her again for 5 more minutes.

"So why are you here?" he was curious.

"You can guess."

"Alcohol Rehab sessions?" He wondered

"Correct!"

"Wow! I got that in one try."

"What about you?" She asked him

"Just getting compensated by the government because they wasted 10 years of my life." The girl looked to him, interested in what he had to say.

"They say someone wrongly accused of a crime needs some mental guidance to transition into the normal world. My first session here."

"Woah! Are you telling me you just got out of jail?" She was completely shocked but also very curious.

"You bet."

"Something interesting in this hellhole! Tell me, what did they accuse you of?" She sat as if he was going to tell her a story.

"Some other time. You tell me, what's got you hooked to alcohol?" He said diverting the topic.

The girl's face dropped, evidently because he didn't tell her anything she wanted to hear. Nonetheless, she decided to share her story.

"My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. Then he made a huge ruckus about our love life, sadly for my mother, that's absolutely intolerable. She threw me out of the house until I got my shit sorted out. I started hanging out with some people and found a way of coping with my stress, which is having drinks once in awhile. But the asshole that my boyfriend is, he decides to come back. He kept bugging me for another chance, and like an idiot I said yes. And then I caught him flirting with my new friend so I finally broke up. But then he just had to end up dying in an accident and now I feel like a horrible person. I think I was somewhat mean to him and can't get over him being gone so I went full on drunkard mode. Now, my mom wants me back home, but not unless I get rid of my drinking problem. So here I am, doing counseling sessions and what not.  All bullshit I tell you."

"True." He commented nonchalantly

They finally exchanged genuine smiles.

"I am hungry." she bellowed after a few minutes.

"I see dunkin donuts right across the street." The guy pointed out.

"Want to go grab a donut? I have wasted too much time already." She asked

"Let's go." Both of them stood up and headed out.

The inside door opened. A young doctor came out, signaling his assistant for the next patient.

She called out to the waiting area, "Nidhisha. Is Nidhisha Shetty here?" after a minute she called up the next patient. 

"Mr.Dev Dixit? Anyone here named Dev?" she went to the crowd to inquire. No one was found. She took in another patient, who headed to the doctor standing in the hallway.