V: Let's Go To The Village

At the moment, Tayler was feeling quite awkward. The four children were not replying to his questions and seemed to be thinking of something.

'Erm. Have I asked them the wrong questions? Did they run away from home?'

And then suddenly, Lorry had an idea of what to reply.

"Uhm. Big brother, we are orphans. We don't exactly remember our pasts but we normally wander around the forest."

"Eh? You wander around here?! Isn't that quite dangerous?! Come, come, let's go to the village and have you guys eat something." Tayler quickly said and started walking.

Wait, there's a village here?! Lorry, Sky, Ram and Ever were quite relieved that they met this guy. They would never think that there was actually a village nearby.

Tayler led them to a small village.

The people were busy doing their own things. They were happily talking and working together. Tayler, Lorry and the others walked past some of the people and greeted Tayler.

"Ah, Tayler, where did you go again? Did you train in the forest as always?"

"Oi, hello there Tayler! I just finished the sword you requested, do you like to see it later?"

"Good day as always, Tayler."

"Ah, Tayler. Don't forget, I was still waiting for your answer. You know, my daughter has been eyeing you for a long time, please give this a little more consideration, alright?"

Lorry and her friends can all hear the greetings loudly, until someone shouted.

"Hey Tayler, what's that you guys are carrying? Look even those kids behind you needed to carry it, need a hand?"

Tayler lightly laughed to the person and replied, "No worries uncle, we can do this."

They continued to walk until they're out of the group of crowded people, which Lorry and her friends just realised they went through the market place.

They went on a small hill, and on top of the hill is a pleasant looking house. It was about the size of mansion but it wasn't too luxurious.

All of them left the giant centipede outside and went inside the house.
"Welcome home young master." A maid warmly greeted as they arrived inside the place.

"Where's father?" Tayler instanly asked the maid.

"Master is upstairs in his office."

"Okay, kids follow me." Tayler looked behind the four children and walked upstairs.

Tayler stopped in front of a door and patiently knocked on it.

"Come in."

Tayler opened the door. A pretty big room was revealed, there were some shelves and a desk at the opposite end of the door. A middle aged man was looking outside the window which was just beside the desk. He turned around and glanced at them.

"Ah, Tayler. Why are these kids with you?"

"Well, dad. Long story short, Iet these kids at the forest who defeated a giant centipede." Tayler proudly said and smiled at his father.

"Really? Without magic?" Tayler's father looked at us with surprise, and also a bit of admiration.

"For now they have no family to go home to, so I brought them here." Tayler explained to his dad.

"Ah? How could anyone leave these kids homeless?" Tayler's father patted Lorry head with worries in his eyes and sighed.

"As this village's lord, I have to take care of its people. Especially, people with no family. We have some guest rooms that was never used before, I will quickly arrange them so you can stay here."

"Ah, we are really thanking you people a lot. I will try to repay you in the future." Lorry kindly replied with gratitude. These people helped them, so why not?

"There is no need for a thanks. Now maids, bring these children some snacks to eat."

"Certainly, master."

After hearing the word food, the four children's eyes suddenly lit up with joy.

Then after a while, a few servants walked into the room with some delicious foods and delicacies.

"Here, eat up."

When they heard that signal, they didn't hesitate to eat. The journey they've been through was just a moment ago, but they feel so hungry after arriving here.

The food they gave was also delicious but they feel strange because they're used to eating modern food that is a lot tastier than these. But they shouldn't complain, so they continued eating until they're full.