Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)

Start from the beginning

Aaliyah know what Natalie was trying to do but it wasn't going to work.

Aaliyah got the twins settled into their room and the walked downstairs into the kitchen where Natalie and Damien were.

Aaliyah watched as their eyes darted over to her and their conversation stopped instantly

"What are you two talking about?" She asked.

"You." They said simultaneously.

"Me?!"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Just because." Natalie stated lifting the glass of sweet tea to her lips. Natalie knew Damien was not only here to be Aaliyah's rock but to show her son what he had missed out on. And honestly she wasn't mad at him, Aaliyah was one hell of a woman and mother. One mans trash is another mans treasure. But Natalie knew Aaliyah like she was her own daughter. Aaliyah had a tall thick cement wall built around her heart and she would only let Damien get so close before she shut him out. Which is one reason she was okay with them sharing a room, she knew Aaliyah wasn't going to let that man near her in a sexual way because she was too scared. But she's also put them in a room together hoping that Aaliyah would let down that wall and let Damien in. Natalie wanted to see Aaliyah happy. Natalie could tell that Damien cared for her daughter in law, the longing and adoration in his eyes were very evident. But she knew he kept his distance because Aaliyah was too fragile and she wasn't ready.

Later that day Natalie called her son over for dinner.

Aaliyah wore a black sweater dress that fell to her ankles that showed her curves. Her hair was in a loose bun at the nape of her neck and her face was bare.

Damien wore a pair of jeans, with a white button up, and black loafers. His hair was slicked back and he had trimmed his 5 o' clock shadow.

Damien, Aaliyah and the twins were all in the living room when they heard the door open and close.

"Ma, we're here."

As soon as Aaliyah heard his voice and what he said, her body went rigid. Damien grabbed her hand and kissed it. She slowly began to relax.

Miss.Natalie greeted her son, Tasha, and her other two grandchildren then she ushered them into the living room.

Niko took in the sight of Aaliyah sitting beside Damien and his children playing over their laps. The twins were completely oblivious to the fact that their father had just walked in. Little Trevor ran over to Aaliyah and hugged her.

"Hi, Miss.L."

"Hi, honey. How are you?" She asked hugging him back. She hadn't seen little Trevor in over a year, she loved that little boy like he was her own.

"I'm good. Can Isa and Kitai come play?"

"Yeah, sure, baby."

Isabella and Kitai hopped off of their mother and Damien's lap and hugged Trevor. They got caught up in their own conversation.

"This is Damien, Aaliyah's man." Miss.Natalie said with smirk.

Aaliyah almost choked on her spit. Damien only smiled.

"Nice to meet you." Niko said.

"Likewise."

"Munsters, go love on your father."

Kitai and Isabella looked at their mother then their father but they didn't budge. Niko knew they didn't like him much and that hurt him.

"If y'all don't get up." Aaliyah warned about to stand up. They scurried over to Niko and have him fake hugs and kisses.