Falling Down

Morgan

I was absolutely upset. There was no denying that Alix and I fought. Obviously the facts leading to that were there. She angered me. Thinking of her only made me feel as if at any point in time Jacob could be gone from me. Now more than ever in my life I was starting to understand how much he meant to me. My heart and my soul. Being in this jail was starting to take a toll on me. The other women looked to me in awe as I was put into a cell. I sighed plopping onto the hard bed. I knew I wasn't going to be here for long though. Jacob wouldn't let hat happen.

"Are you Morgan Latimore?" a blonde blue-eyed woman asked. I nodded shyly. She smiled and came to sit on the bed next to me.

"I'm Leah. I guess we'll be in here together." Leah smiled. She didn't look harmless at all, and that made me feel a bit at ease.

"Nice to meet you." my tone was slightly low, and depressed. "I'm guessing everyone here knew I was coming huh?" I watched her nod.

"Yes, and from what I hear all the men were going crazy. Why are you here though? I mean, if you don't mind me asking." I shook my head, laughing slightly at her comment. That was sort of awkward.

"I was involved in an assault and battery case. I'm hoping to be out of here soon." taking a look around my surroundings I noticed that the facility wasn't all that bad. That still didn't help the fact that I was in jail.

"Really? With who? Somebody tried to come at your man girl?"she asked. Once again my laughs filled the area.

"Something like that. Its a long story."

"Well that sounds better than me, I guess. I let my whole life go to waste. Now look at me..pregnant with a baby boy and his dad is nowhere to be found." I felt my heart soften at her words. I never would've guessed.

"Oh Leah that's terrible. What happened?"

"Drugs. I was involved in so much as a teen. You wouldn't even be able to tell by looking at me. They figured juvy wasn't teaching me my lesson." She chuckled.

"My thoughts exactly. You're beautiful." she smiled and glanced down to her stomach.

"That means so much. A model just called me beautiful."she gushed. "But I got clean. It was only right. Good thing my baby is gonna be okay now."

"Leah at the end of the day, I'm human just like you. But that is really commendable."

I took a little bit longer to get to know Leah. She seemed really sweet overall. She spoke to me about how the other girls didn't really like her, she was the only white one here. It was heartbreaking but at the same time, you weren't here to make friends. The time for lunch rolled around and I took the prepared meal with no hesitation.

"I'm sure this is no five course meal like you're used to, but they feed us well." Leah smirked sticking her fork into the gooey mac-n-cheese. I did the same and actually enjoyed it.

"So who makes this food?" I questioned looking around the small cafeteria. She pointed over to three pregnant girls that had to be in their early twenties or so.

"They're all best friends. Involved in a robbery and ended up here. Its crazy, they must have some type of pregnancy pact or something." she chuckled. I slightly did the same at her comment.

"Well its not bad. Doing those types of things are helping them to get out of here, thats for sure." Leah nodded and I took a small bite from the fried chicken. I wasn't a huge fan of fried chicken, but I was always ending up having to eat it because of Jacob. Thinking of him altered my mood a bit, I missed him. Already.