Chapter 40 - Light vs. Dark: The Final Battle Part 2

Start from the beginning

Before the flames made contact, Roxas decides to do something different. Roxas then raised an arm and without trying, deflected the blast off his hand and sent it sailing into the wall, causing it to explode on impact.

'No way...he deflected my Flames!?' Zervik thought in shock.

When Roxas lowered his arm, he said "Looks like the tables has turned on you, Zervik. Now let me show what happens when you mess with a Fox Slayer!" "Nine-Tails' Flash Bullet!"

Roxas then disappeared then reappeared in front of Zervik. Before Zervik could do something, Roxas delivered a powerful elbow strike into Zervik's stomach, knocking the air out of him.

As Zervik wrapped his arms around his stomach, Roxas said "That's for taking over my body and trying to drag me into the darkness!"

When Zervik got up, he started to throw more punches at Roxas. But just like before, Roxas dodges all his attacks. Once Zervik threw one more punch, Roxas quickly dodges it and delivers a powerful knee-kick into Zervik's chin that causes him to fall backwards.

As soon as Zervik fell to the floor, Roxas said "That's for hurting my friends and the people of Magnolia!"

When Zervik got on his feet, Roxas raised his right arm and gathered blue fire in it and said in a furious way "And this is for hurting Lucy! Nine-Tails' Sacred Fist!"

Roxas slammed his fist into Zervik's face, causing another shockwave that sends him flying towards a nearby wall creating another dust cloud to erupt. When Zervik got up on his feet, he was already heavily wounded: he was injured from head to toe, as well as being covered in intense burns. In rage, Zervik charged at Roxas once more while swinging his claws at him. "I won't lose to you!" Zervik roared as he ran towards Roxas. Before the blade made contact, Roxas caught them with his hands, causing the light aura around to burn away at the claws, much to Zervik's horror.

As Zervik took a few steps back while holding onto his arms, Roxas stared at him in a serious way and said "Why don't we end this?"

Zervik lets out a mighty roar and his body was surrounded with crimson/black flames as he began to increase in power more. Roxas narrowed his eyes at Zervik as he realized that he was summoning more power. Zervik then charges at Roxas ready to strike him. Roxas was ready and started to block all of his attacks. Zervik then thrusted out his hands "Crimson-Tails' Blazing Barrage!"and fired a wave of crimson beams towards Roxas. Roxas was quick and defects the beams away from him. Having an opportunity, Zervik then delivered a powerful left hook across Roxas' face that sends him flying away from him.

Zervik lets out a piercing laugh and said "HAHAHHAHA! YOU SEE? NO MATTER HOW BRIGHT THE LIGHT SHINES, DARKNESS WILL ALWAYS TRIUMPH OVER IT! THIS WILL BE NO DIFFERENT!!!"

Before he could finish, nine spheres of  blue fire appeared out of nowhere and hit Zervik in the chest. In the distance, Roxas recovered from Zervik's attack with a little bruise on his face where Zervik hit him.

"Hey, dumbass," Roxas said, "If you are going to talk like that, make sure that your opponent stays down."

In rage, Zervik got up and in lightning speed, tackled Roxas to the ground. Before Zervik was going to punch him, Roxas placed his hands towards Zervik and releases a powerful blast of blue flames towards him that sends him flying away from him. When Zervik stopped himself, Roxas appeared in front of him.

It was now Roxas' turn to fight back.

Right as he cloaked his arms in blue flames, Roxas first delivered countless punches and kicks around Zervik's body. As Roxas gripped his hands together, he brought it down on Zervik's head that he crashed to the ground. Before he could get up, Roxas kicks him with his left foot that sends his flying in all over the areal. When Zervik crashed into the ground, Roxas appeared a few feet away from him and unleashed a barrage of rapid fire punches upon him him. After the barrage and the smoke cleared, Zervik fell to the floor on his knees. In a quick movement, Anubis raised his hands and fired a massive blast of crimson flames towards Roxas.