Dad’s eyes soften, “it’s okay pumpkin, just hurry and get dressed. I am going to drive you to school today.”

Quickly, I got dressed, having no time to shower. I was late already I didn’t want to be extra late. I placed some chap stick, my finished touch. I had no one to impress. It was a long time since I had stopped trying to dress up. Actually, I never really tried. –

Once I arrived to school, I hurriedly entered, yelling an ‘I love you’ to dad. I was able to hear a loud laugh from Dad, as he drove off. I practically ran into towards my locked, not having time to look around.

“Why in such a hurry?”

Chad stood behind me, smiling. He was one of the cutest guys in our school. He was the head quarterback of our champion football team. He stood at 5’8. He had messy dirty blond hair, which he added some gel to style it. Those baby blue eyes caused the girls to go putty in his hands. I never really got why he would hang out with me, but he did and for that I was grateful.

“Because the bell is going to ring any minutes and my class is on the second floor.” I didn’t bother to look at him, I knew he was looking at me like I was a poor little girl. He was lucky to have all his classes on the first floor. Lucky bastard.

“Catalina…”

I glanced up, to see him watching me with a weird look, “What?” I asked.

“Uh, sorry to burst your bubble but,” he took out his silver phone extending it into my view. “Its 7:00.”

My mouth dropped, “How? B-but-“ I narrowed my eyes. “Dad,” I hissed out the word. Chad let out a loud laugh. He clutched his stomach as he doubled over with laughter. “H-He did it again?!” he laughed some more.

I stomped my foot, “quit laughing this is not funny!”

“What’s not funny? And my oh my are my eyes deceiving me? Are you early Catalina?” I turned to see my best friend Katie. Katie, Katie, Katie, she was an adorable bombshell. She was petite, 5’1, she had brown color eyes, and of course was blond the same shade as Chad.

I secretly wished they would get together, but of course, they would not do as I wished.

“Yes I’m here because Dad decided to be funny, again.”

I could still hear Chad laughing, “Quit laughing!” I yelled, putting my hands on my hips, pouting. “Chad stop laughing at Catalina, she’s sentimental with this.”

I spun, narrowing my eyes. “You guys are horrible.” I turned and began walking to class, “Aw come on don’t get all booty tickled,” yelled Chad. “Catalina!” I gave him the finger and kept on walking. I could hear the faint sound of Katie laughing.

*

I had been texting back and forth with my dad, letting him know I was not pleased with him waking me up so early. Of course he said he would make it up to me once I got out of school.

The class began to fill up, as students strutted inside. I; of course, was at the back of the class, being one of the first to come in. Before the bell was about to ring Katie strides inside. She took her seat, next to me.

“Chad says he’s sorry.”

I looked at a piece of paper on the floor, I wasn’t really mad at Chad. He must be stupid to think that I was mad at him. He was one of my closest, if not only, guy friend. I wouldn’t be dumb enough to get mad at him. “I’m not mad at him.” I finally said.

“Good,” said Katie. She placed her chin on the palm of her hand. “So have you heard of the new people that came?” I glanced at her, as I drew in my notepad. Drew? More like doodled, although, Chad, Katie and Rachael thought otherwise.