"I'm going to wear this dress to homecoming," She said.

"That's not fair! That's my dress."

"Not anymore!"

"Bridget! It's my dress! You can't take everything away from me like that."

"Take Deja's dress off!" Jack said from the staircase.

"It's my dress now."

"Take it off!" I yelled.

My dad walked down the stairs with Brianna to see what was going on.

"Dad, she's wearing my dress!"

"Bridget, that's Deja's dress," My dad said softly.

"But I wanna wear it," Bridget said with a smile forming on her face. "My dress doesn't suit me and we couldn't find a matching tie for Zach..."

She looked over at me when she said Zach's name. I immediately looked away.

"I. Don't. Care. It's my dress, Bridget. Take it off, now," I said again.

"Fine..." She smirked and took off the dress. She grabbed on one of the lace pieces and pulled on it hard, causing the fabric to rip.

"Bridget!" I squealed.

"Oops." She smiled evilly.

"You annoying son of a-"

"Deja," My dad's voice said.

"Dad, she ripped my dress!"

"I'm sure I can get you a dress before the dance starts."

"You don't understand! I didn't pay for the dress, Jack did. That's Jack's money gone to waste!" I yelled. I felt hot tears running along my face as Bridget dropped the ripped up baby pink fabric in front of me.

"Deja, you're crying over a dress..."

"No, dad. I'm crying because you saw what she did and you let her do it! Be a dad for once!" I ran up to my room

Jonah followed me upstairs.

"I'm not going," I said. I sat up and pulled out my phone. Jonah grabbed it.

"Why not?"

"Did you not see what she just did to the only thing I was going to where?" I asked grabbing the phone back. He snatched it back.

"Come on," He said standing up and looking through my closet. "You've got to have something you can wear."

"I'm not wearing jeans and a T-shirt to homecoming." I grabbed my phone. "I'm calling Jayden and telling him I can't make it."

"You can't do that to him."

"And Bridget couldn't do that to me, but she did it anyway. And on top of all of that, my dad let her do it."

I quickly called Jayden. He answered.

"I thought we were supposed to avoid communication," He said as soon as he answered the phone.

"I know," I said.

"You ready for tonight?" He asked.

"About tonight..." There was a quick pause.

"What's up?"

"I... I can't go."

"What?"

"I can't... I can't go, I'm sorry," I said breaking down into tears. "Bye."

"Deja, wait-"

I hung up the phone and powered off my phone before he could say anything or call back.