Chapter 5

"You're lying..." Mackenzie tried to stand up, but Jairus pushed her back on the ground.

"No, I'm not. Dani has a daughter named Luna, Mickey and Sara live three hours away from each other, you never swear and you make a shit ton of typos—"

"OKAY STOP!" Mackenzie shouted, tears welling up in her eyes. "Which one are you?!"

"I don't think that really matters, does it?" Jairus smirked, taking a step closer to Mackenzie, as if it was even possible to get closer. He bent down so he was at her eye level.

"I've had my eye on all of you for a while. The only reason I went on this tour is because I knew that a few of you were going. You guys have all been wanting to meet up for a while, right? Well now's your chance." Jairus pulled out something and covered Mackenzie's face with it so fast that she couldn't even see what it was. She slowly began to lose consciousness.

A few hours later, Mackenzie woke up in what seemed to be a tour bus. Her hands were tied together. She tried to scream, but there was duct tape covering her mouth so it didn't make that much sound.

Jairus walked in and stood in front of her. "Ah, you're awake. Lovely."

Mackenzie began sobbing and was still trying to scream. Her hands and feet were tied up so she tried to thrash them around to escape. Nothing was working.

"Oh, calm the fuck down. You aren't in any danger, I just wanted to scare you a bit back there." Jairus rolled his eyes. "Have a sense of humor, damn."

Mackenzie didn't think this was funny at all and was still trying to scream and get out of the ties.

"Mackenzie! Relax. If you calm down, I'll explain everything to you. Just please stop. I'm not going to hurt you."

Mackenzie didn't really believe Jairus, but maybe if she calmed down he would untie her and then she could run out of there and call the police. She stopped screaming and sat still.

Jairus pulled the duct tape off her mouth, but he didn't untie her just yet.

"Okay, the reason that I was in your group chat is really because-"

"WHICH ONE ARE YOU?!" Mackenzie shouted. She needed to know.

Jairus sighed and rubbed his hand over his face.

"I..uh,...I'm Mer." Jairus avoided eye contact and stared at his shoes.

"What?! That's impossible. Mer and I have videochatted...you can't be Mer, she's real." Mackenzie was in so much shock that she could barely get her words out. Jairus could NOT be Mer! There was just no way.

Jairus chuckled uncomfortably. "Um, yeah. Here's the thing. I hired that girl to play the part when I needed her to. I had her send me selfies and videos, and if you guys wanted to video chat I would have her pretend that she knew all of you...I know it's pretty fucked up but, I thought all of you guys were funny and I...I just really wanted to be friends..."

"Why would you want to be friends with us when we started our accounts because we were making fun of your fiancé?!" Mackenzie was pissed. Mer was one of her best twitter friends, how could this have been Jairus the entire time!?

"Well, that was an extremely abusive relationship. Acacia basically trapped me, and I didn't know how to get out, so sometimes I would just take a break from it all and look at your twitters to make myself feel better." Jairus looked embarrassed.

"Um, you know Acacia is here today...right?" Mackenzie asked with wide eyes.

Jairus' face dropped. He looked like he had just seen a ghost. Then they heard a tap on the window. They looked in that direction and saw Acacia standing outside with a creepy smile on her face.

"I love my Jerry Joe."