Chapter 2

Mackenzie had begged her mom to let her go to Warped Tour by herself. I mean, she was seventeen now, did she really need her mommy following her all over the place and ending up in a mosh pit? No. She really just wanted to be by herself so she could explore and meet band members in peace. But when her mom saw all of the emo kids walking in to Warped Tour, her mom began to doubt that letting her go was a good decision.

"Mackenzie, I really don't think it's a good idea for me to let you go in there alone!" her mom scolded. They were both sitting in the car still.

"Mom! You don't even have a ticket and it's sold out, you couldn't go even if I wanted you to and you are NOT saying I can't go now." Mackenzie folded her arms over her chest and glared at her mother.

"Mackenzie, I-"

"MOM! I'm going to be eighteen in a few months and you've never let me do anything on my own! How am I supposed to go off to college and live alone if you won't even let me go to freaking Warped Tour by myself?!" Mackenzie was so frustrated that tears began to form in her eyes. She averted her eyes and stared out the car window.

Her mother sighed, "Fine. I guess you're right. I can't expect you to go off to college and become an adult if I can't even let you have some fun by yourself. I'm sorry. Go have a good time."

Mackenzie smiled and hugged her mom before opening the car door and practically running in to the venue. The first set that she wanted to see wasn't going to be on for another hour and a half, so she decided to wander around and she if she could recognize any band members. While she was walking, she decided to check on the hate clan groupchat to see if her friends had stopped roasting her yet.

"Mackenzie have you found baby daddy Jairus yet???" was the first thing she saw, sent by Mickey. Just as she started to type, "NO I JST GOT HERE LEVE ME AONLE," she bumped into someone, causing her phone to fly out of her hands.

"Oh uh..sorry," Mackenzie stuttered, reaching for her phone. The man she had bumped into bent down and picked it up before she was able to. She looked up at him and it was none other than Jairus Kersey. The guy that all of her friends were taunting her about meeting today. The guy that she had been making fun of on twitter for over a year. She was so shocked that she couldn't even speak.

"Um, I'm sorry but, I'm your baby daddy?" Jairus smirked, looking down at her phone. There were still all sorts of messaged flying in that basically consisted of Sara, Dani, and Mickey calling Jairus her baby daddy and laughing at her.

Mackenzie's face turned bright red. She could not believe that this was happening. What were the freakin' odds?! Jairus stared at her with a smug look on his face and held her phone out to her. She quickly grabbed her phone and all she could think to say was, "I'm seventeen bye!!" Mackenzie walked as fast as she could away from Jairus, not even giving him a second glance. Jairus stared after her with a look of amusement on his face, he knew that wouldn't be the last time he sees her today.