A Shimmering Star

"This is amazing! Jake and Amy and baby makes three! I don't know if I believe in God, but I have prayed for this..." -Charles Boyle "Maximum Security."

Lucy Peralta clung to her mother as Jake looked at the scene fondly. Amy's hair was slightly ruffled and they both had dark circles under their eyes from lack of sleep, but they couldn't be happier. Lucy slept soundly in her mother's arms just after entering the world.

"I'm so..." Amy began in a whisper; her sleep-filled eyes filled with unshed tears of pure joy. "Happy. And tired. I feel like I could sleep forever."

"Ames you just had a baby, you're allowed to be just a little bit more demanding than that," Jake replied, hushed although the joke still clear in his voice. "Here, lemme just put her back in the crib."

As soon as Lucy left her mother's arms, she let her body go limp and she fell back towards the headboard of the bed, where a few pillows supported the back of her head.

"Who do you want to call in first? We have the whole squad to choose from," Jake asked, eager to show his little bundle of joy to the world.

"I don't think I could care right now..." Amy sighed. "I just want to spend some more time alone with you and Lucy."

Jake smiled and reached over to kiss his wife. He never got used to that word. "Wife." It sounded so official; and although he had never been one for commitment, commitment to Amy was all he could think about since before they even started dating. His hand gently held Amy's as he looked into her eyes with unbridled love and emotion. His thumb stroked up and down her hand in a calming rhythm as it touched her ring on her finger. That ring. She had been so worried he had plummeted back into debt for the ring, because it was genuine diamond, but, as he kept reassuring her, he had been saving up.

The ring. The evidence room. Where he proposed, where he kissed her for the first time (for realz), and where they had their first proper conversation (the other first one was very brief and awkward, with Charles there whilst Jake was just trying to be friendly. Later Amy found Jake singing a made-up song to himself about how cool he was whilst he was looking for some evidence).

Later, when Amy was a little less tired, she told Jake to bring Charles in. So, with his trademark smirk and casual swagger, Jake left the small room to go to the waiting area.

"Guys! It's a girl!"

Everyone cheered at his announcement, and Charles clearly had to rest his hand on Rosa's shoulder to stop himself from fainting, only to have her glare at him until he quickly composed himself and stopped touching her.

Charles was more than over the moon when he saw Lucy, and wept tears of joy when he held her.

"She's totally gonna be best friends with Nikolaj," Jake said.

"Nikolaj," Charles corrected.

Amy chuckled.