Chapter 1 - Bullied!

Start from the beginning

So what happened when Jionni asked his mother if he could throw a party?

"You guys chugged the liquor that quick!?" Diana laughed as she walked over to Jionni's crowd of friends, placing more cups of liquor on the table in her living room. "Here's some more!"

Diana's home was FILLED with teenagers. There was so many that you couldn't take more than two steps without stepping on the back of someone's foot. The music that was blasting extremely loud was Boosie. You weren't from Louisiana if you didn't know or admire this man as a rap artist. While Set it Off rocked the house through the speakers, everyone crowded around Jionni and his friends while they chugged down their third cup of liquor. Beside Jionni was his closest friend or relative, Djuan. They're cousins from Jionni's fathers side of his family, and he was recently staying outside of the area with one of their relatives. Djuan is younger than Jionni by a few months, which is why they're so close. After chugging down their third cup of liquor, Djuan covered his mouth and looked at the room as Jionni looked over him and started laughing obnoxiously.

"What's wrong with.....YOU?" Jionni yelled over the loud music and crowd.

Djuan didn't answer. His cheeks filled up with throw up as he jolted through the crowd and ran outside to throw up all over the grass. Jionni and his friends started laughing even harder in a drunken daze, enjoying and having a great time.

"Seems like your cousin can't hold his liquor, eh G?" Jionni's friend Chevy laughed, sitting across the room and playing cards. 'G' was his own abbreviation of the first synonym in Jionni's name.

"Guess not!" Jionni chanted back.

Suddenly, a girl plopped over the crowd and onto the table, laughing and catching people off guard. She was so drunk that she could barely open her eyes. Her top was half up and her pants were unzipped, indicating that she did something wild before collapsing. Jionni squinted his eyes at her then looked up at his other friend that was sitting across from him with two girls in his arms.

"Might as well do it." Jionni's Arabic friend Ross mouthed to him, shrugging carelessly.

"You got a condom?" Jionni mouthed.

Ross reached into his jean pocket and handed it to Jionni, watching him snatch the girl up by her hand. The girl laughed lowly as Jionni placed his arm around her and stumbled up the stairs with her. Jionni had sex with the girl while she was drunk. That wasn't the first girl that he had sex with while she was intoxicated also.

This was a habit that he picked up from the people in his neighborhood.

"Jionni..."

Jionni jumped as he looked at the door of his room. It was his mother. She peeked around the room, grinning and looking back at her son.

"Wild night, huh?" Diana laughed.

"I don't even remember the shit that happened, ma.." Jionni groaned tirelessly.

"Told you that mama can help you throw a party."

As Diana and Jionni shared a small laugh, Diana looked down at D'juan and the girl beside Jionni, slumping her shoulders a little as she held onto the door.

"You and D'juan get ready for school." Diana groaned as she looked over at the girl. "And get that little trick out of here."

As Diana shut the door, Jionni leaned over and tapped the girl, waking her up.

"Aye wake up, bitch." Jionni groaned. "You gotta go."

But while there were the slums of Baton Rouge, there were neighborhoods that were better. In fact, neighborhoods that were better than others.