Chapter 1

The sound of an alarm going off woke Mackenzie up at 10:00 am. "Ughhhh.." she groaned, shutting the alarm off and rubbing her eyes. She really did not want to wake up, but then she remembered what day it was. Her first Warped Tour ever! She was so excited, she quickly sat up in bed and put her glasses on. Of course the first thing she had to do was check twitter.

The first thing she did was DM the hate clan in their group chat that they had been talking in for a year now. 

"guys!!! i'm gogni to warped tour today!!" 

Dani quickly responded with, "Oh yeah! Do you think you'll see Jairus since he rejoined that band ever since him and Acacia broke up lmao???" 

Acacia and Jairus had broken up a few months prior, the whole thing was super messy and according to some of Jairus' friend's twitters, Acacia was still desperately trying to get him back. Jairus had rejoined his band and decided to go on tour to escape her, even though he was technically leaving Brinley behind too.

"ogm, i didn't even think about that lol i hnstly hope i run into him lmaooo" Mackenzie replied, setting her phone down and hopping into the shower. After sending the hate clan tons of videos of herself with shampoo in her hair and rapping along to Lil Yachty, she finally got out of the shower and got ready. It was a particularly hot day in Connecticut, so she dressed in a simple tank top and jean shorts. 

Before she went downstairs to go ask her mom if they could leave, she checked her DMs. Sara had replied and said, "LMAO YOU'RE GONNA FUCK JAIRUS WATCH HAAAHAHAH" 

Mackenzie groaned and said, "ew..." out loud to herself. "swaggy sara ur so gross don't say that to me!!" Sara replied with, "lmaooo just WATCH." Mackenzie ignored her and all of her other friends laughing at this joke about Jairus and went downstairs to get ready to leave.

"Hey mom, can we go now?" Mackenzie asked.

"Don't you think it's a bit early to be leaving?" her mom wondered, glancing at the clock on the microwave that read "11:23".

"No, I don't think so. It'll take us about 45 minutes to get there and the first set is pretty early so we should really get going," Mackenzie pushed. Her mom sighed and grabbed her car keys, signaling for Mackenzie to go out the door.

-continued-