10 | 31

It was finally nighttime again.

No mortal was left inside or outside of the Notre-Dame cathedral's premises. Not even a single guard, for the priests worry that someone will once again prank them—as what the guards would say when they patrol every night—and disrespect the holy place. However, the person that was apparently living inside the cathedral found it hilarious. Wondered why? Simple.

He found it entertaining.

Yes, it was him all along. The mischievous person did it for his entertainment. But you can't blame him; after all, living in a cathedral for centuries and could never get out isn't fun for him. The organs helped him ease his boredom at some times.

Walking along the pathway in between the towers, he once again "admired" the designs on the wall. It was old—at least that's what he thought so. After looking at the same designs over and over again, one couldn't help but think that's it's old enough.

"Damn, I didn't realise how old I must be..." Supposedly Romano thought aloud, his mumble echoing slightly around the walls of the cathedral. "What the hell. It's all of these designs' fault!"

His rant stopped shortly after he heard a small creaking down, immediately on guard. Flying towards the nave, he landed silently in the middle while straining his ears for any noises. He heard one, and it was one of the doorknobs. Perhaps someone was trying to barge in the cathedral, and wants to destroy his another peaceful night.

One by one, the doors continued to budge, and he made a beeline for that darn red door. The lock was somehow broken—probably from it's old age and how less people use it—and he has to somehow "lock" the door with his mighty hands so any trespassers won't get inside the cathedral. The priests better be thankful of him somehow. The door was suddenly yanked, though weakly, but he held it firmly in its place. It was like that for a few moments, until the trespasser stopped. Romano smirked slightly at his achievement, and for his entertainment, peeked to stick his tongue out to the bastard of a trespasser, only for his hold on the door slip slightly and due to his panic, pushed the door open. A very big mistake, since the trespasser must have heard the creak of the old door.

"Oh, shit—" cursed Romano, backing away from the red door, and finally hiding behind one of the pillars in the cathedral.

And came in the trespasser did. It was a male, as what Romano had expected. The stupid bastard (AKA the trespasser) stumbled inside the church, looking around. Upon seeing an offering box, he fumbled with his pockets for a coin. The inhabitant thought that he may not be a bastard after all... well, he's still a bastard so you could say that the man is a half-bastard. The stupid half-bastard slurred something after he just lit up a candle, tumbling around with a dorky smile on his face. He followed the stupid man with wary eyes in the shadows, thinking that maybe he could be the entertainment for the night; after he observed this drunk man.

The man clumsily walked around, until he found himself on some kind of balcony-like passageway, right between the two towers. Romano, who followed the drunk man, stopped just behind him—but still hidden in the shadows—and finally spoke:

"You shouldn't be here."

But what Romano nor the man didn't know, they could wound up to something they didn't expect.

[ AU IV | DONE ]

[ hey guys! check out ElizabethScaffie's story here:

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10547282/1/The-Twin-Statues-of-Paris

the story isn't finished but hey, it's still good, damn it! ]