Chapter Forthy-Nine -- Turning Back the Hands of Time

A/N

So, I've decided to do Ethic's Point of View! (You wont be seeing a lot of these). Tell me what you think?

Enjoy, and VOTE!

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter Forthy-Nine -- Turning Back the Hands of Time

Ethic's POV

I stood in the hotel's bathroom facing the mirror. From the outside I look like a man staring at his own reflection. On the inside I was looking right through it.

My dark eyes was starring back at me, but I didn't see anything. My mind was flooded, my soul was darkened, my happiness was gone. Today is my mother's funeral.

It's been close to two weeks since she's been gone. Everyday I regret not talking to her after our blow up. If I would've known what I knew now, I probably would've never left that day. I would've spent endless hours with her everyday. If only I could turn back the hands of time.

What kills me the most is knowing she won't be able to meet my child. Her grandchild. She wasn't the best mom, but she would've been a great grandmother. She would've been the kind of grandma that spoils her grandchild way too much, showing and giving my child love only a true grandmother can give.

A single tear slid down my face before I quickly wiped it away. I won't be shedding tears today. She's going to a place way better than this cold world. I should be celebrating, happy for her instead of grieving.

A knock at the bathroom door pulled my attention away from my dark, cold eyes. It had to be Kaila. She was the only one in the room with me. As it should be.

I quickly exhaled and opened the door. I wasn't tired of her, I just didn't want to take my frustration out on her. She's been here with me everyday, never leaving my side. Without her I would've never got through this.

Kaila stood in the bathroom doorway with her soft, brown, long hair curled softly. Her face was clear of make up, making the all white dress she had on seem whiter.

Everybody that attended the funeral was wearing white, as I requested. As I said, this should be a celebration, not dark and gloomy as the color black is.

I put my hand on my girl's stomach gently. It seemed like it was getting bigger and bigger each day. I know it was only in due time before my pride was ready to come.

We refused to know the sex of the baby. Kaila said she wanted to keep everybody on edge and it just gave me something more to look forward to. Deep down though, I knew my baby was a son.

Kaila smiled that pretty smile of hers, showing off her white, straight, teeth. I smiled back and it wasn't forced. Just seeing her happy makes me happy. I leaned down to kiss the side of her face. I heard her breath quickening, and I smiled a little bigger, happy to know that I still had that effect on her.

"Are you almost ready?" she asked me when I pulled back from her.

I noticed her look me up and down then stopping at my all white, special made, Armani suit. I looked down at my suit too, wanting to see what she saw.

When I didn't notice anything wrong, I looked back at her. She must have seen the question in my eyes because she smiled shyly and shook her head.

"How do you feel?" I asked her genuinely, remembering last night she was complaining about back pains.

I turned her around and began massaging her shoulders slowly. I could already feel the tension in her neck and shoulders leaving.

"Mmm... I'm fine, baby, thanks, but if we don't leave now we're gonna be late."

I sighed, dreading to go to my mom's funeral. I hated to see sad faces and spilled tears over a loved one, but I knew I had to do this for her and I knew I had to say my final goodbye.

Just get it over with, I thought to myself.