"I'm so scared. What if they hate me. What will my brothers and sisters think of me? What if I am going to embarrass myself in front of them?"

Jane started laughing really hard. "Hey ... stop it ... who is going to meet two of the most popular world stars in their own house with their kids, and has to say: Hi, what's up? I'm your long lost daughter. Nice to meet you." I punched her in her side and she stopped laughing.

"Okay ... okay. Fine! Still you don't have to be so anxious about meeting her. She wrote the letter and asked YOU to meet her. Also she is the one, who gave You free for adoption when you only were an infant. The only person who should be scared is her." Jane got serious again. I had to admit she was not bad at pep-talkes. One of the reasons why she is my best friend. She always knows how to help me to get my shit together.

"Okay." I let my car drive the last twenty meters up to the space next to a black Range Rover.

I killed the engine and went out of the car. Jane stepped out as well and came to the drivers side of the car. We stood there and looked a bit around until I heard kids screaming.
It seemed that they would play something behind the house where the garden would most likely be. We also heard a bark which quikly got louder. The next second a huge Bulldog came running towards us. We got really scared and thought that the dog wanted to chase us away. Gladly he didn't. He made a hard stop in front of us and looked at us happy. "Aww aren't you just the sweetest." I said while I bend down to pet the dog. Jane was not a dog person so she kept her distance. I could see his name which was written on his collar. It said Jacques. "Cuite name you got there Jacques." He looked at me one more time and then turned arround and started running back where he came from.

A few seconds later a little girls voice appeared. "Mummy, mummy!!!! Visitors!!!"

'Fuck!' was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard that. A sweet little girl ran around the corner of the house and came closer. When she stood in front of us she only took a quick glance at Jane and then looked at me with a surprised look. "Hello."

She inspected my face until she said: "Why do you look like mummy?! ... Are you Veronica?"

She looked a bit like me when I was seven ore eight. I smiled and got down to look her straight in her eyes. "Yes, I am Veronica. But you can call me V if you want. And you are?" She started to smile and came even a bit closer. "My name is Vivienne. You can call me Viv." I could not help it but to smile even harder. She was adorable. "Would you mind introducing us to your mummy? I think she's is expecting us." I carefully asked. "Yes, yes. Come!" Vivienne started running towards the side of the house. Jane and I had to hurry to not lose her. For such young age she was pretty fast.

We came across a big pool and a small soccer field were the boys could play.

When we arrived on a huge terrace. I was not expecting all of the kids playing there. It was way beyond awkward just to stand in their garden, looking completely lost.

Gladly Vivienne broke the awkward situation when she spoke: "This is Veronica, our sister ... and a friend of hers." Meaning Jane.

On all of the before so confused faces was now a smile. "Welcome to the family, Veronica." I think that he is Maddox. Clearly the oldest one of the kids. But still he was probably only a year maximum two years younger than me. Sadness spread out in me as I thought, 'Why didn't she kept me? She adopted a kid only one ore two years after she had me! What was wrong with me?'

Apparently I got lost in my thoughts. Jane tipped me on my shoulder and called my name out loud a few times before I realised what just happened. When I got back into reality, I started walking back to the car without saying anything to my siblings. Jane excused us and followed me. "What the hell just happened? Everything was totally fine. You did not even see your mother, for fucks sakes!" Oh did I forget to tell you that she has a really annoying temper sometimes?

I held my ground and turned around and started shouting at her. "What do you think, hugh? What do you know about what I am going trough right now? Exactly, nothing!!! I just learned that I was adopted this Fucking morning and that my mother is one of the most famous celebrities on this planet. How do you think I feel? She gave me away and not to long after that she adopted a kid. I have know idea what you think about that right now. You know what I don't care." I turned around and slowly proceeded my way to my car. I mumbled just loud enough to let her hear: "Just do whatever you want to do. And get yourself a ride home, because I ain't be driving you."

I was just about to open the car door and get in when I heard this Voice. I immediately stopped and slowly turned around to see who it was even if I did not need to do so to know that.

The Voice could only belong to Angelina.

I was not exactly sure if I should be angry, sad or happy that she was standing behind me. Right now there was no emotion of joy or happiness left in my body. I felt so week and alone, like a dog which was left behind to die.