"Didn't feel like talking, sorry" Aldo said almost coldly, because of the family reference and his emotions started to get the worst of him.

Dan's eyes were already wet, but now that his best mate was here, he wouldn't cry. They were close and good friends, but not like him and his brother.

Niall looked at the brothers and felt the strange, tense atmosphere.

"Something's wrong, so tell me" he pleaded. "I'm worried here, guys."

"You see, uh, Odelia had her dance show thing on, uh, Saturday" Aldo said with a cracked voice.

It took his all to spit this out. He sat down on the couch next to his brother.

"Yeah, you told me about that" Niall said as he sat down too on one of the couch chairs. "How did it go? Where are they now?"

Aldo stared at him for a second or two, unable to speak until he snapped out of it.

"We...we don't know. There was an, uh, an accident."

"What accident? You guys okay?" Niall asked gravely.

"Dan and I are, uh, fine I guess, but the others, uh, well" Aldo trailed off again, having real problems not to break down now.

Of course Niall would have understood if he had cried, but he was like this.

"They were in a car accident and didn't make it" Dan said in between his silent sobbing.

He startled them both by being the one who blurt it out, even himself.

Aldo and Niall looked at him shocked and surprised, and so was he as well.

"W-what?" Niall asked, stunned and confused.

Were they joking with him? Really, about something like this?! This had to be a joke, prank or something!

"You heard him" Aldo snapped, even if he didn't mean to be so snappy.

"They're -"

"Yeah."

"Oh my gosh" Niall shook his head, it sounded so unbelievable. He had always liked Aldo's parents and family. They were like his second family. "Damn, I'm sorry, I really am. I understand the silent treatment now. Aldo, I can see you're almost crying there so go ahead, it's me."

And that led to all of them crying soon, together because of a misery concerning them all. Niall really didn't know what to say or what to do, but they understood.

Words were unimportant now. There was a silence in the house, if you didn't count the sobs, and that lasted almost five minutes.

"What are you both going to do now?" Niall eventually asked, when they tried to compose themselves.

"We'll be okay, that's all we know for now" Aldo said.

"Right" Niall nodded. "Listen, guys, you're always welcome to our place. If it's get too hard here, you can come to us, I'm sure it will be just fine."

"Thanks, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea" Aldo said and glanced at his brother.

Again, Dan felt bad. It wasn't a good idea, because there were new people and even after all this time, he had never met Niall's parents and big sister.

But Mr. and Mrs. Meguyer loved Aldo almost like a second son, and Aldo thought they were cool, too.

"But just so you know, you have a place with us anytime" Niall said, understanding the situation and thought it hard to process.

The brothers nodded their thanks. Niall didn't stay over for long, as nobody was in a chatty mood anymore and he wanted to give them time and peace.

"Just, call or text me, anytime, okay?" Niall said to both of them, as they were at the front door.

"Thanks" Aldo gave him a thankful smile.

"And I don't want you to stay here alone for long, you hear me? I understand you need some time just the two of you and all to this, but if you're thinking about the rest of your lives or too long rotting here, I know where you live and I'll come and get you, okay?"

"Sounds fair" Aldo gave a laugh, knowing very well from experience that Niall's threats weren't empty, however joked.

"Good" Niall grinned and opened the door. "See you later, and let me hear from you so I don't have to worry for nothing."

After his visit, the boys didn't feel so lonely anymore. They weren't completely left alone, they had friends and at least Niall's family if an emergency came up.

But they weren't just going to barge in to somebody else's home and family, however Niall had assured it was okay and he would want them there.

They didn't want to intrude and make their lives as miserable as theirs.

Because their life was that right now, really. It would take time at least to make it better again.

But also, Dan didn't feel right about them being here by themselves.

If he just knew somebody, who he could call or contact for help or at least advice. But their only family members were gone.

They had not grandparents. Mum's parents died from a disease, dad's parents hadn't been in touch with their son or his family for as long as could be remembered.

So they had never seen any of their grandparents. Neither did they have uncles or aunts or any other family, at least of which they knew of. Most certainly there wasn't either.

Aldo didn't want help from strangers if he just had the change to choose, he felt uncomfortable with it, and Dan didn't want to go against him.

"It was nice he came" Aldo said and dropped on the couch to lay down.

"You know, we didn't get to know how her show went after all" Dan said, thinking out loud while sitting at the end of the couch at Aldo's feet.

"And we never will either, I suppose" Aldo said, feeling like choking. "That sucks, it's so unfair. She so waited for it, you know. They were just coming home...and we didn't get to see it."

"I can still see her smile in front of me now and then" Dan had to give a small, sad smile of the memory of Odelia's contagious sweet smile. But also drop a few tears. "Does this ever get any easier?"

"I hope it will, it's so hard."

"I think we should go out more, hang out like before, with Niall and the others."

"Why?" Aldo asked, surprised of him suggesting that.

"Why, because I feel like these walls are falling on me soon if we keep on just sitting here like this, and it's been just a few days now."

"You've been home most of the time like this until."

"I know but it's different now" Dan pointed out, fiddling with his hoodie sleeves. "If we continue like this now, I think we'll end up worse both, and going out will feel just harder each passing day. Please, just...let's just try at least, okay?"

"If you want, we can give it a try. I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right" Dan quipped, and his brother snorted playfully and nudged him with his foot.

---

Please comment what you thought/think of this chapter/story, vote for updates & follow :) Thank youuuu so much for your time reading, I LOVE YOU <3