Chapter 23: Crybaby

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry. Just be yourself, babe. He'll like you." He said kissing my forehead.

"I hope so." I smiled. "Paano niya nalaman ang tungkol sa akin?"

"My father knows everything. Kahit hindi ko sabihin sa kanya ay alam niya ang lahat nang nangyayari sa akin."

"Ano bang meron bukas? Bakit siya magpapa-party?"

"It's his fourty eighth birthday."

"What? Bakit hindi mo agad sinabi sa akin? What should I get him?" Natatarantang tanong ko.

"You don't have to get him anything. He hates gifts more than anything."

"Bakit naman? Kaarawan niya diba?"

"Sabi niya, a gift is either a token of appreciation or a bribe, and in the business world, it's always the latter. So no gifts on his birthday." He explained.

"That made me even more nervous. He sounded really strict."

"You'll do great, El." He assured.

"How come you never tell me stories about your family? I've never heard of your father until now. Hindi ko nga alam na kayo pala ang may-ari ng Preston Group of Companies, kung hindi nabanggit sa akin ni Cara."

"What? You didn't know that fact? Everyone at school knows that. How come you didn't know?" Gulat na tanong nito.

Napa-iwas naman ako ng tingin sa sinabi niya. I'm kind of guilty that I didn't know that fact about him. Why do I have to open that topic in the first place?

"I'm sure hindi lang ako ang hindi nakaka-alam non'." Depensa ko.

Maddox sighed in realization. "Kung ganon' pala, mula noon pa ay wala ka na talagang interest sa akin. I only have my eyes on you the whole time and on the other hand, wala kang paki-alam sa akin."

"Maddox..."

"Sshhh... let me finished." He said covering my mouth with his finger. "I know that was before we even had a deal. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako ang nilapitan mo noong araw na iyon para makipag deal pero kung hindi iyon nangyari at sa ibang lalaki ka lumapit, I probably still don't exist in your world."

I chuckled to ease the tension."That's absurd, Maddox. It's not that you don't exist. I've known you before. You are Maddox Preston and..."

"and?"

"And I know you are captain if the school's soccer team."

"And?"

"And that all girls likes you." I continued, rummaging my brain for some facts.

"How about you? Have you ever been interested in me? Did you ever liked me?" He asked seriously.

"I—no." I replied honestly. "But I love you now. That's all that matters, right Maddox?"

"Right. Promise me that it will never change." He looked straight to me, his eyes reading me, hoping for a good answer. Maddox's eyes were always so intense. Whenever I looked at his dark orbs, I couldn't seem to look away.

"I promise." I smiled and pecked his lips.

"Tell me about your family." Maya-maya ay request ko dito.

"Let's go to bed babe." He grunted and kissed my neck, avoiding the topic.

"At sinong nagsabi na dito ka matutulog?" Nakataas ang kilay na tanong ko dito.

"Am I not going to stay here tonight?" He asked confused and raised his head from my neck.

"Not unless you tell me stories about your family. I really wan't to know you more."