Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Was that eggs I was smelling? Pancakes? Syrup and strawberries? What was going on?

I got up and yawned, rubbing my eyes. Last night, Mom came and told Jon and I to clean up the house, and it took us until three in the morning.

And let me tell you, I was not a happy camper.

I glanced over at the clock, and my eyes bulged when I noticed it was only ten thirty. I thought I had slept throughout the entire day! It had to be at least one! Maybe Jon had rigged my clock, trying to fool me. But no, he wouldn't do something like that.

I fell back onto the bed and pulled my covers over my head, squeezing my eyes shut to try to relive the dream of kissing Carter. I hated when this happened. All I wanted was to go back to sleep and I couldn't, no matter how tired I was.

I groaned and lowered the covers, eyeing the clock. I frowned when I noticed that only four minutes had passed by.

Yawning, I stretched out my arms and threw off my covers. I decided to go downstairs and figure out what Mom and Dad were up to,

Quietly, I sneaked down the stairs, skipping the fourth one from the bottom. That one was always squeaky. I poked my head around the wall, and sure enough the kitchen table was piled with pancakes, bacon, colorful fruit, and waffles.

I narrowed my eyes. This was most definitely not normal. It only meant one thing.

They were going to break the news to me. The news on what they were going to do to me. Where they would send me. It was sort of like their way of saying they were sorry, but something was going to be done.

I quickly, yet softly, ran up the stairs, right into a hard surface, making me tumble over.

"Hey!" I heard. I got up and peered at the floor, seeing Jon with toothpaste filling his mouth and a toothbrush in hand.

"Brushing your teeth in the hallway?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes. "Help me up." His voice sounded muffled from the toothpaste. He stuck out a hand.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Sorry. I'd rather not be coated in toothpaste at the moment."

He gave me an annoyed look and got up himself and meandered back into the bathroom. I followed him to the doorway at leaned against it, crossing my arms over my chest.

He finished rinsing out his mouth, closed the sink, and placed his hands on the counter, looking up at me through the mirror. "Need something?"

I shrugged. "No. Just wanted to see how my big brother would react to my presence on my last day with him."

He turned around. "What are you talking about?"

"Mom and dad are shipping me off somewhere." I answered.

Jon laughed. "Mad, the only place mom or dad would ever should you would be Uncle Mike or Uncle Will's house, cause you bug the crap out of them." With that, he left to his bedroom and shut the door.

"Uncle Will..." I said, grasping an idea. I turned to leave to my room, when I remembered. "Hey!" I called out to Jon's room. "Stop calling me Mad."

"Whatever, Mad." he said jokingly. I rolled my eyes and entered my room.

Quickly, I rushed over to my phone and Called Uncle Will. It rand three times before he finally answered.

"Hello?" she heard his deep voice answer.