Chapter 5

Note: Long time no see, or yes I did read your fantastic comments. I've just had no time to write, or even ideas. School's been exhausted and people pissing me off. Don't you just hate when your friends are being unfair to another human being, almost to the point where you're tempted to say fuck you and turn your back to it. I know that mistakes are made, but surely, enough is enough. Remember one thing people, we're all humans. We're all living together in a society that seems to be more accepting and judging at the same time. I hate being negative, so sorry for bothering you. I'm not going to keep being a pessimist and pull your mood down, instead.

Be kind to each other.

Smile to strangers.

Compliment friends, or enemies without the fearr of being laughed at.

Thank your parents, your family for giving you so much more than you can ever repay, but try anyway.

Try to be at your best, but let yourself fall when needed, to give others the chance to build you strong and help you, return the gesture.

Most of all, love yourself for all your perfections and imperfections.

Chelsea’s POV

The city lights were shining towards us, accompanied from the sky that was illuminated by the stars above. I stole a few glances at the shorter girl beside me, her blonde hair and prominent tattoos, but that wasn’t why my eyes were dragged like magnets to her. There had to be something more to this abnormal attraction. Something I didn’t quite understand to be honest.

Her appearance was flawless, nothing to comment on that, but I couldn't stop and enjoy her beauty. There was something about this girl, whatever it was, she was desperately trying to cover it up. She was pushing aside what was terrifying and it was intriguing. Lauren looked the exact same with her shady exterior, matching tattoos and horrifying scars, but still they were so different. The girl on my side had smiled at me half-hearted, as if she wasn’t truly happy. When Lauren smiled, especially when she was with Camila, it looked like she’d seen God.

I flicked my gaze, gracing her petite figure, from her face down to her tattoo covered arms, the black ink looking harsh on her silky skin. It wasn't natural, she was one of those girls you noticed and immediately thought was bubbly and energetic, full of life. Her otherwise strong posture now replaced with a more timid one, part of me wondering if she was timid. She caught my currently not so subtle stare and I looked away, bashfully. 

«How is it like?» I found myself asking, not removing my eyes from the city, «Being in a gang I mean…» I added genuinely curious.

She didn’t answer for a few moments and the embarrassment settled down upon me, before she got the opportunity to laugh at me I snorted, putting up my defense. The confident that was absent seconds ago came crawling back and fired up the former rage.

«Don’t answer.» I groaned, «It’s not like I care about what you losers do here anyway.» 

My tone was more hostile than supposed and I regretted calling her a loser. In fact that was the exact opposite from what I thought about the girl. I knew nothing about her, but still something about her told me she was, in no sense, a loser.

Before I could stop myself, my mouth had already opened and decided on something I’d never in a million years imagined I would, «I’m sorry…» I heard and was astounded by how the words came out in calm way.

Ally turned her attention to me and smiled warmly. 

«It’s…tough.» She exhaled and the way the last word rolled off her tongue made it seem like it was new, unfamiliar in her mouth. «Sometimes I wish I could run away from the leadership… Like Lauren did.» She stated, no bitterness, her tone only insensible.