Chapter 1

Stuff in ****** mean it's a flashback. I know I was going to update after the new X-Men movie, but I couldn't help myself. Enjoy!

------------

I never really understood how people could get over things that happen in their life; that would tear them apart and go on a mental rampage. Such as, when a widow looses her husband or orphans have no parents. But the widow will cry at the funerals and maybe months of depression will plague her, that's expected. But she always seems to get over the death of her loved one and move on, maybe even remarry. And the orphans, how do they still have smiling faces and play games with other friends who still have their parents? Do they hide their emotions? Aren't they jealous of the kids with parents? These people were sane in the moments of insanity. I am not. I guess it's a human thing.

People would always say to be strong in times of loss. I always thought that was just the only thing they could say. There was nothing they could exactly say to bring the person back to life. That's what they did at the Professor's funeral. That's what they did at my parent's. But now that I think about the idea, maybe that's why people can get over things so easy. They were strong. I guess that meant me and my dad weren't strong.

What a load of bullshit.

The only thing that could make me run away from my safe haven; having no idea where I was headed and just stuck in the woods with a bunch of fallen trees, was that I was crazy. Not the kind of crazy where you would be sent to a mental hospital. I was the crazy that people feared. My life was always crazy. I was different and in this world, different makes you dangerous. My abilities made me insane. I was dangerous. Doesn't matter if my powers are in control right now, one day it will take me over and someone will have to kill me after I kill so many others. That's what happened to my mother.

*******

"Where are you going?" I questioned my dad. He looked in a rush with his bike helmet clinging under his left arm. I tried to see the pain in his eyes through his glasses, but they were too dark to see them. Although, I knew the pain was there. I didn't need to see his eyes to know he has changed.

"Just going for a quick ride. I'll be back soon," he replied and kissed the top of my head and left.

He didn't come back soon.

*******

I could feel the rush on energy surging through me. It was anger. I needed to let it out. I positioned my hand to a nearby tree and let the red beam shoot out. A part of the trunk disintegrated and the rest of it fell to the ground without a loud crash.

Sometimes I need to do that to let the anger and emotion out. This is the most seething I've been in my life.

*******

It was five o'clock in the afternoon and Dad was still not back from his little joyride. I'm starting to get worried. I've asked around. Bobby, Kitty, Peter, Rogue, and even Storm. No one has seen him and seems I'm the only one who was getting worried.

As I was walking along the sidewalk outside the school, I saw the Professor sitting by the entrance door to the school. He seems to be watching me like he wanted to talk to me. I made my up to him hoping that he knew where my dad was and I could stop panicking.

"Hello, Professor. Have you seen my dad around?"

His eyes fell to the ground and he sighed. It sounded like bad news. He looked up to me with sorrowful eyes and said, "That's what I needed to talk to you about, Samantha."

********

I still felt angered and the power was almost vibrating inside me. I needed it to get out! There was nothing else to use my powers on but trees, so I guess that what I have. I saw another tree and brought my hand out. I concentrated hard on it and it soon was ripped out from the earth and was floating in the air. I moved my flung my hand to the side and the tree flee across the forest into the unknown.