Chapter Two and Announcement

**Author's Note 5/5/14**

I'm posting this here so that this news will reach everyone. I have a special announcement that this story is going to be published soon - not the Nevermor version, this version.

It's going to be released in a Deluxe Edition of Forsaken Dreamscape which will include the Nevermor version as well as the Peter Pan version in one volume. So, for those who have read it before, you will be able to finally have a copy (in ebook and in print), and for those who never got to finish it like it was, this will be your chance.

This story will only exist in the Deluxe Edition form from now on, along with the Nevermor version. It's added as a bonus, and it's getting new cover art, which looks really amazing! I'll be showing it on my blog soon, along with details for the book's release date and preorder info.

For the latest news on this edition, keep an eye on my blog: projectnevermor.wordpress.com

Annnnd just as a sign of good faith, I'll give you one of the chapters back. :p

---

Chapter Two

1

The flight was exhilarating – just as Wendy remembered.  Though it had been so many years since she’d flown, it was as brilliant as it had ever been, weightlessly cutting through the sky, looking down on all the buildings, trees and rivers as they shrank and then vanished completely.  She flew up into the night with her focus on the star, and just as the air began to thin and she was traveling on through the complete darkness of space, she broke through the barrier of light and sound and suddenly she had drifted into another world where the sky was gray and full of storm.

There was a storm coming that night.  I don’t remember if it ever came…

Wendy landed softly on a thick cloud, which would not have been possible in her world, but in a world created by the dreams of children, most anything fantastic was possible.  The cloud grumbled beneath her weight with lighting flashing in its belly, and she had the thought that it might sting her at any moment.  Peter’s note had said that he’d meet her in the clouds.  Now, where was the boy?  Though she was tired from the long flight she could hardly find it in herself to sit and be comfortable.  Everything was dark and the wind carried wicked foreboding as it passed through her hair and disturbed her gown.  From her position, she could peer down and see the greater portion of the island known as Neverland. 

Where am I?  It was nothing like she remembered.

The water was cloudy in the lagoon, the cove, and around the island.  It rested at a color that was almost black to her eyes, but a further look revealed the water to be deep red.  A domineering fog seemed to swallow the entire land.  Strangely, she was sure she saw several pirate ships in the water surrounding the place, circling about like sharks.  The Indian village lay in ruins at the top of the overlook.  The earth of the island was jagged and barren in places, the thick mist covering everything and making it hard for her to confirm if what she saw was really what was there.  Despite being able to recognize the landscape, there was something that she knew she saw for sure: coming towards her through the sky was a shadow even darker that the clouds.

Out of the mist he came, setting himself down in front of her, his feet sinking into the cottony darkness.  She didn’t recognize him, but her memory of the shadow folded in her pocket led her to accept this new image.  Peter?  Is it you?  His outline matched well with the shadow that had delivered his message, but this was not what she guessed she’d be confronted with.  In her mind, it was an impossibility, but yet here it was.