eight

cara♡

"you look beautiful." lewis complimented me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. i placed a kiss on his lips and then wiped them to get the deep purple lipstick stains off.

"thank you, sorry about that." i giggled and he lead us downstairs, where a car was waiting for us. i opened the door to the car and almost screamed.

i wasn't expecting to see anyone, so when toms bright smile was staring at me as soon as i looked up i was startled to say the least. 

"i think you just stopped my heart." he laughed and pulled me in for a hug, "i've not seen you in forever, you're so grown up." 

i rolled my eyes, tutting at the amount of times i'm going to be told this tonight. "look at you, you've started growing a little bit of stubble." i mocked and rubbed his chin. "yeah yeah i get it, you grew up and im still 12." "sorry tom, you're probably going to look 12 for the rest of your life."

he reached over me to shake lewis's hand "i'm tom, and no i wont kill you for the instagram thing." 

"thank god," lewis met toms hand and shook it firmly. "nice to meet you."

we laughed at the slightly awkward introduction and spent the rest of the ride catching up before we arrived at the restaurant.

"sarah!" i squealed when i saw her, she immediately jumped up and hugged me, before greeting lewis. we had the same catch up conversation as i did with annie and zach before sitting in my seat, opposite 2 empty ones.

i was wondering when the two occupants would arrive and as if on cue the doors opened, revealing finn and yasmin. my eyes widened at the sight of them together. i shook off the negative thoughts and stood up with everyone, putting on an extra fake smile when i saw them. sarah gave me a concerned look and i tried to show i was fine.

i shook her hand and she seemed disgusted, if she came to start something then she's messing with the wrong girl. "nice to meet you, yasmin." i turned away from finn and sat in my seat next to lewis. he sensed my anger and squeezed my thigh under the table. it made me flinch and i think some people noticed but i regained my focus on the dinner. 

ben started speaking and he informed us on what was happening, they managed to push filming forwards to mid june but there would be a long break to focus on writing the second half of the season as only one half was ready.

it reminded me of my first time meeting everyone, i freaked out and now they're like another family. another, pretty large, slightly dysfunctional family.

"i was wondering, could i maybe help direct some episodes?" finn suggested and we all turned to look at him. "that's coincidental, the production team saw some of your other work in the time we've been gone and wanted you to help them out." ben replied with a smile.

i nodded along to the conversation as i ate some of the leafy greens on the side of my plate, that i really didn't care for but felt the need to look grown-up or businessy, mainly talking to lewis and the people around me.

"what have you been up to since we last saw you then cara?" ben asked me. i didn't realise how quiet i had been this whole dinner. i took a quick sip of my water and began speaking;

"well i have a part in the avengers as you all probably know and saw many pictures from set that were posted on my instagram." i gestured at tom and he put his hands up in surrender. i shot him a look and he put them down. "there have been a few things here and there on tv shows but mainly modeling to be honest." they all nodded and i felt like i was speaking at a summer camp.

"is that where you two met?" he gestured at lewis and i and we nodded.

"yeah for a vogue cover that hasn't even come out yet so i probably shouldn't have said that." he smiled down at me and i squished his cheeks, ignoring sarah's aweing. "i'm glad he doesn't seem like a dickhead." 

lewis acted mock hurt and we all laughed. "thanks for the kind words, i'm really glad im so welcomed." 

"it's not just zach you should be worrying about, you're like my little sister cara i'm ready to break a kids nose if he fucks with you." tom stated, i sensed finn get a little awkward but i ignored it laughing at whatever tom and lewis were speaking about.

yasmin had been awfully quiet throughout the whole meal but towards the end she started speaking up, "so cara, you know the modelling you've been doing, have they been approaching you or the other way around?" i couldn't tell if she was being snide or genuinely interested.

"i've not really sought out any shoots personally, sometimes my agent finds them advertised and thinks they would be good but most of the time people approach me. why do you ask?" i said with another fake smile and she nodded. "well i've been looking to get into modelling and wondered if you could help me?" i looked to lewis and he shrugged, not getting involved.

she seemed genuine enough so i decided i would help her, we swapped details and left the dinner on good terms which was better than expected.