Chapter 1: Noticed to Ignored

Start from the beginning

"Yes. I know. So me and my wife have to leave? Without our daughter?" as the figure said and with a similar voice I've known for years...but it felt really saddening hearing that voice again...

I can hear this figure was talking on the telephone. The figure sounded confused, but I can sense it has a angry tone mixed with it...

"Your daughter can't come on this important meeting because she is too little.  Besides, it's only a week."

"Are you insane? We can't abandon our daughter for a week! And we can't get a babysitter or anyone we can trust with Kotomi! And it's her birthday coming up, we cannot do such a thing to leave her alone without celebrating it!" as the figure said with a completely angry tone.

The person in the phone later said "It's your choice, either you and your wife will lose your jobs, or save your jobs by doing as what I said." the person in the phone explained.

I begin to notice that the person on the phone gave a tiny chuckle, and as I listen to their "secret" conversation, I pressed my books to my chest deeply, as I felt just...pure sadness.

The conversation continued for about endlessly, I lost ahead of time and as I walked ahead, a bit of tears start to drop down on my face, probably from the pure sadness and...now anger and just...loneliness, so I quickly grabbed my soft and gentle teddy bear, I fled to the front door, opened it, and closed it and walked quickly to the road of school, with my eyes watery a bit from the emotional experience I just witnessed, so I cleaned my eyes with my sleeve, give myself a fake determined look on my face, and I walked normally to school.

As I walked to school, I noticed in the corner of my eye that a couple of students were hanging out together, I noticed the tone they were talking...they were happy. I also noticed other students spending quality time with each other. I was the only one alone, empty in the small circle of loneliness while outside of my circle is active and talkative people.

But as I walked slowly to school shyly, a girl with brown hair touched my shoulder gently with a soft, very gentle tap. I looked aside with my teddy bear in my arms, holding it tightly, it was Nagisa. She gave me a endearing smile on her innocent face, as I gave a soft smile back.

"Hello Kotomi! How are you feeling?" asked Nagisa with a cheery, but a concerned tone on her gentle voice.

I responded back softly "I'm...ok. I'm just a bit lonely since last week...". I was ashamed Nagisa will judge me and she will make fun of me that I'm lonely since I can't really make a lot of friends except the drama club. As I prepared myself to be made fun of, Nagisa looked at me with her harmless, but innocent and safe smile, and places her hand at my shoulder very gentle, she said:

"Kotomi...I know you've been lonely since what happened with your parents and such, but you're not lonely. You got me, Okazaki, Kyou, and the others. We will not ignore or abandon you. You're twice as important as we are. I'm glad we are friends. Two shy girls who have friends with kind hearts." and she hugged me, a bit tight, as I knew she was serious. So I hugged back with my gentle smile growing more, and a bit of tears appeared on my eyes, as I was about to cry in joy Nagisa's words really touched me.

"Kotomi...please stop crying...otherwise, I'll cry myself!" Nagisa said with a shaky, yet emotional tone, as she's about to cry as well, and it wasn't long until Nagisa begins to sniffle and also cries as well, a bit less than how I am doing since I am a very emotional crybaby.