Chapter 1

*AN/at the end*

11:59 July 30th Harry sits on the thin mattress and watched the seconds tick down till his 15th birthday. This birthday he believed would be just like all the others, ignored and treated like dirt. Only ten seconds left until he's fifteen.

5,4,3,2,1

Harry is hit with unbearable pain as soon as the clock hits 12. Harry holds in the screams that threaten to fill the house. The clock on this wall strikes 12:01 and all pain in Harry's body leaves as quickly as it came. Panting Harry gets up off the floor and collapses onto the 'bed'.

Harry's Pov.

I knew that some wizards and witches go thru a creature inheritance when they turned fifteen but I never imagined that I would get one. last year we learned about the types of creatures that some people inherited. The most common was to be part veela seeing as they tended to have many children with their mate.

"no I'm not a veela, they have wings" Just to check lets look. looking over my shoulder I saw no wings but there was something there and it mover as my curiosity spiked. "Just what am I?" getting up off the bed I silently walked into the bathroom. turning on the light I realised three things.

One: I have two large midnight black cat ears sticking up out of my shaggy, equally midnight black, hair.  Aswell as a long black tail. at the tip of all my new appendages, the fur was platinum blond.

Two: My glasses fell off and I can still see perfectly fine. My emerald green eyes piercing through the black matted mess that is my bangs. 

Three: My canine teeth are longer and at a sharp point. looking at them now it looks like they are definitely sharp enough to draw blood easy.

now to figure out what in Merlin's name I am. with cat-like stealth, I slink back to my room and grab my care of magical creatures book from the loose floorboard under the bed. Quickly I tear through the book until I get to the part of different creature inheritance. Alright, now the book is classified by characteristics. So let's find ears and tail of a cat. Alright, it says that wizards that receive these particular traits along with others signify the inheritance of a Neko. The Neko is very rare and powerful. Due to this many wizards fear them and will avoid them at all cost. Interestingly the Neko can hide all of its cat-like features except for when around their mate. That was all the book had on the subject so I decided to try out hiding the ears and tail. Silently I ran back into the bathroom and locked the door. Looking in the mirror I took a minute to admire how the ears blatantly showed my emotions. Curious I moved my hair away to see if I still had human ears only to find them gone. Quickly I close my eyes and wish for human ears and no tail. Concisely I open my eyes and see two human ears on the sides of my head. After seeing can hide them I bring them back and run back to my room and fall into a deep sleep.

Malfoy Manor

3 months before

Draco's Pov.

I awake on my birthday to something soft tickling my nose. I sit up with my eyes still closed in a wish for sleep and try to smack away whoever it was that woke me and find no one. Opening my eyes I find the room empty. Quickly I jump up and check the connected bathroom too see if whoever it was going in there. A quick look in their tells me it is also empty but something does catch my eye as I'm leaving the room. I slowly back up and peer into the mirror.

3rd person pov.

Draco finds a very similar change in his appearance. Except the young Malfoy has the reverse fur colours in his ears and tail. Both have platinum blond fur except on the tips. Those are both a midnight black. Draco returns to his room and also looks at his care of magical creatures book. Reading the same information as one Harry Potter he also decides to hide his ears and tail.