Bananas. Gotta Love 'Em

After getting things from the plane yesterday, since we haven't had anything to eat or drink for about two or three days. All of us went to the forest except Mrs. Walton. She stayed on the beach in case a airplane or boat came for us.

In the forest we found tons of berries, coconuts, and bananas. I kept having to swat away all the little blood sucking mosquitoes. I actually hit Isaiah on the face on accident once. Whoops.

We were walking through the jungle with our arms full of fruit when we came across a tree that had a lot of bananas. And when I say a lot I mean A LOT. The tree was almost falling over from all the weight of the bananas. We told Will to get them down since he was the tallest. Will has light brown hair and an attitude that he's better than everyone else and can prove that to you anytime, anywhere. I guess you could say he's cute, if you get past his ugly personality. Just as he reached his long arm up the tree, a monkey appeared to swat his hand away.

"Hey!" Will yelled at the monkey.

The monkey just bared his teeth and dared Will to try and take away his bananas again. Will reached up, slower this time, to not startle the monkey. The monkey screeched a ear piercing scream and Will snatched his hand back.

"Just leave the bananas!" said Pele, a girl from my class.

"I can't." Will replied. "There's too much bananas on that tree to lose. And I can't let that monkey have it's way."

"Whatever." Pele said and rolled her eyes.

Will reached up again, his eyes trained on the monkey. Then all of a sudden, there was a brown blur in the air and Will had a brown, fuzzy face. The monkey was on Will's face and it was scratching him like crazy!

Screaming, Will tried to pull the monkey off him but the animal stayed latched on. The monkey dug it's claws into wills arms and face and whatever else it could. Will tried prying it off but it would keep sticking itself back onto him. The monkey bit Wills neck and blood poured out of the wound. Everything was happening so fast I couldn't move. I stood there watching Will freak out and finally pry the monkey off his face and throw it into a tree. The monkey snarled and scampered off.

Will was real bloody. He had cuts on his face and arms. Most were shallow, except one that ran from his left ear down to his chin. It's was really deep and crimson red was pouring out of it.

"Oh my gosh." I said. "We can get the first aid for-"

"I'm fine." Will cut me off.

"But-"

"I'm fine. Just leave it all right Carissa?"

"Fine." I said.

Will grabbed the bananas from the tree and we headed back to camp in silence. As I looked at Wills scratched up face, I thought he was pretty dumb. He should've just left the monkey alone and let it have it precious bananas. But no, he had to go and get them anyway. And since he has too much pride, he won't even treat his wounds with first aid.

What an idiot.

Back at the beach, Will washed off his face with sea water grumbling about something under his breath. It sounded a bit like, "stupid monkeys" blah blah blah.

It got pretty late and after that day full of excitement, we all decided to crash without another word of today's events. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be saved from this rock and finally get to go home. I don't know how much more of Wills complaining I can take.