Chapter 2: The Perfect Gift

The 'Holla-days" were fastly approaching. Blankets of snow littered every nook and cranny in the forest. It had snowed quite a lot during the night for the trolls, yet for the Bergens it wasn't that bad, after all, it was only two to three inches deep. But keep in mind that the average troll is four inches tall so this was a bit of a big deal for the village. Branch was sleeping in his Bunker safe and sound, unaware of the sudden snowy weather. He woke up and yawned and stood up, teetered a bit and then walked to get some coffee. He got dressed and walked onto the platform, he pushed the lever and the mechanical-like whirring began as he ascended to the top. Along the way, he could have sworn he felt the temperature slowly dropping, he grabbed a scarf that was along the way on a hook and wrapped it once around his shoulder. The platform arrived and he walked through what used to be covered in traps and snares and went to the door. Something sure didn't feel right, he hesitated when his hand reached the door handle, after a brief pause he opened it and was knocked down by a sudden wave of snow, he yelled in surprise. There was silence and no movement for a moment. Suddenly a hand flailed out from the snow and clambered to the top of it and he exhaled.

"What a way to start the morning," he muttered, slightly upset. He hobbled out of his home and looked around, it was so chilly, he could see his breath. He walked around the village, Poppy was most likely asleep. Surprisingly not the Snack Pack though. He noticed a few signs along the way as he trudged through the snow towards the gang. Colorfully decorated signs that said,

"The Holla-Days are comin'! Bring on the festivities!" He looked in shock.

"The Holla-Days! I can't believe I almost forgot!" he panicked. He needed to find the perfect gift for Poppy! But what could he get her that she didn't already have? She was Queen after all. He looked up to see the Snack Pack all together, sipping hot cocoa outside the cafe at a table. He rushed to them.

"Guys! I need your help!" he said frantically.

"Oh boy, he's acting like there's some bad Bergens out to get him again." Guy Diamond teased, DJ Suki giggled at his joke, she was snuggled into his arms.

"What's wrong dear friend?" Biggie asked with concern. Smidge, Cooper, Satin, Chenille, and Fuzzbert looked at him in concern, Guy Diamond was too busy holding DJ Suki to really pay attention.

"It's almost the Holla-Days and I have no idea what to get Poppy!" He placed his palm on his forehead, upset.

"Aww!" The twins crooned at the thought that Branch was gonna get her a present.

"#8@&E&!"Fuzzbert danced around, making no sense, Branch looked at him dumbfounded.

"Awe dude, why you worryin' over that?" Cooper craned his neck to his level.

"No, you guys don't understand! This is serious! Can you guys please help me?!" Branch was getting more frantic by the second.

"Okay, Okay. We'll help. I do hope your aware that the Holla-Days are tomorrow." DJ Suki said calmly. Branch yelped in surprise. How could he have not noticed all those colorful signs? Maybe it was because they always had colorful signs so he's used to ignoring them. Fuzzbert scooched a chair to the table for Branch and he sat down, brushing his hands in his hair.

"I need ideas. What do you guys think Poppy wants but doesn't have?" Branch asked trying to stay calm.

"Ooh! How about a new outfit?" Satin and Chenille said in unison, looking off into the distance, thinking of nothing but all the cute arrangements they could make Poppy wear.

"Mmm. No, she already has a ton of clothes, besides you do that for her every day." Branch muttered. The twins frowned in defeat.

"Pfft, isn't obvious? We should shower her pod with glitter." Guy Diamond beamed.

"...No. She already has glitter." Branch said slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, but it'd be pink glitter." Guy Diamond stated. Branch waved his suggestion off and looked at Biggie for some suggestions.

"Well umm... Why not a pet?" Biggie cradled Mr. Dinkles in his arms. Branch sighed, obviously not interested in that idea. Fuzzbert said some incoherent nonsense and Branch shrugged.

"You and Poppy should totally join me in an exercise, The Holla-Days are here and you know what that means." Smidge said sternly. Branch looked at his stomach.

"Okay, wow that's rude. No thanks. I want it to be something fun, something amazing!" Branch said as he put his hands in the air in a mystifying way. They all looked at him in confusion, then looked at one another as if to say, "Isn't it obvious then?" DJ Suki looked at him again and cleared her throat.

"Come on Branch, we know you're not dense. What or who in the whole world does Poppy want more than anything in the whole wide world?" DJ Suki asked him cryptically. The Snack Pack stared at him, smirks on their faces. Branch shifted in his seat as he thought carefully. A blush became present on his face.

"O-oh..." he smiled shyly.

"Well looks like you figured it out. No what are you waiting for? Go!" DJ Suki shooed him away slightly, he scrambled out of his seat and rushed into the forest. After a while, he came across a bush, with crimson berries and prickly green leaves. He carefully plucked one and delicately cared it to Poppy's pod. He ran passed the Snack Pack, they all gave him thumbs up and smiled, he smiled back and waved. He stopped at the entrance of Poppy's pod. Anxiety, nervousness and the sound of his heartbeat was setting him on edge. He knocked on the door and hid the berry behind him, it's two prickly leaves carefully away from his back. Poppy flung the door open and smiled.

"Branch! Good morning!" Guess what tomorrow is!" she beamed loudly. Branch used his free hand to rub his neck nervously. He pulled the mistletoe out and looked away. He wasn't sure how this worked. Did he kiss her first? Did she kiss him? What if she got mad?! He really didn't think this through and it was too late to go back now.

"I wasn't sure what to give you for tomorrow so I-" he began but she tackled him. She planted her lips against his own. He was surprised by this but quickly reciprocated. This lasted for a few seconds and the two parted, their hair intertwined, creating a swirl of cerulean and magenta. They looked sweetly into each other's eyes, caressing each other's cheek, noses pressed against one another.

"Happy Holla-Days Poppy." he hummed. Poppy giggled.

"Happy Holla-Days Branch." she chimed back and hugged him tightly. She invited him in for a nice cup of hot chocolate and waited patiently for the Holla-Days together, just what Poppy wanted.

Author's Note: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I DID IT!!! I'm exhausted!! My goal was to finish this before Christmas.

"Hey, Geneva!"

"Yus?"

"You did it ya doofus! You finished the chapter before a deadline! You've never had a deadline before!!"

"Aww hell yis mai dood!!"

Sorry, I'm hecka weird, I talk to myself waaay too much! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter if so, leave a favorite, comment on your fav part, and follow. Until then, see you in the next chapter, I love reading all your comments, it makes my day, byeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!