Chapter 3: Rainy Days

WARNING SLIGHT FLUFF!! (I think, I've never really written fluff, not intentionally at least).

       "Braaaaaaaanch!!" Poppy whined loudly. She hobbled over to him, clearly bored out of her mind. Branch was stocking berries in a tiny little compartment. He looked at her and smirked in amusement and decided to play along.

"What is it, Poppy? Not enough felt for your scrapbook?" he teased. She raised her hand to counter and was about to say something but quickly checked her hair for scrapbooking materials.

"Are you are a wizard?" she asked in astonishment.

"Actually a wizard is someone who has magical powers in fantasies and legends. You're probably thinking of warlock, which is someone who practices witchcraft," he said smugly, his arms crossed.

"Wow, you're a nerd!" she flung her hands in the air and turned around.

'But you're my nerd.' she thought to herself. 

"I was gonna say that it's raining!" she motioned to the outside, while they were safe inside his heavily fortified survivor Bunker, sheltered from the pouring rain.

"Your point being?" he asked as he leaned against the compartment. Poppy whipped her head around and stomped her foot and crossed her arms.

"Soooo... There's nothing to do now," she whined again. 'I'm bored!" she pouted. Branch walked passed her, making her think that he was ignoring her. He opened up a cupboard to reveal an assortment of games. Her eyes widened in amazement. He went off into the kitchen while she tried to figure out which game they should play. To be honest, she thought each and every game was amazing and the very fact that he had so many was amazing but, she wasn't really in the mood nor mindset to play any of these games. Branch was still in the kitchen.

"Hmm..." she said softly. She walked over to the table and sat down and looked at her surroundings. Compact dirt flooring, a nice oak table, and two small curtains behind her? She paused at the curtains. She was so curious as to what could be behind those two plain curtains.

'Twigs? Leaves? First-Aid kit?' she tried thinking about the kind of stuff Branch had, most of it was practical and boring so it couldn't be that exciting. Yet her curiosity was getting the best of her, she snatched the curtains and quickly whisked them to the side and stared blankly at the assortments of colors, tiny little decorated, folded rectangles, each unique in their own way with different sentences on them. She gasped and picked one up gently like it was fragile, that the slightest touch could make it crumble within her hands. It was a pale green and she gently opened it, revealing a pop-up of a sun that read "Branch YOURE INVITED" in green and pink letters. It made a small sound,

"Celebrate freedom from the Bergens!" it sang. Under the sun was a small, gray, troll that held a pink heart close to his chest on top of a rainbow path. She couldn't believe it, he still had this card! She let out a high pitched squeal of excitement. Seconds later Branch rushed in, his expression worried. 

"Poppy what's wro-" he looked at her by the curtains and his eyes widened and his blue cheeks changed a dark shade of pink.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! You still have this!!" she jumped up and jumped at him and clung to him and tried to make him spin as she twirled.

"But wait... I thought you stomped this?" she looked at him and let go and waited for an answer. Let me tell you something, this troll was completely flustered and tongue-tied. He really didn't have a good explanation. He rubbed his neck nervously. Poppy smiled widely at him, jumping up and down, holding the card closely to her chest.

He sighed in defeat and walked her to the table and motioned for her to sit, so she did. 

"It's because, well I guess all those times you invited me to something... I really did want to go," he said gently, his face saddened.

"...Then, why didn't you? Why keep all the cards?" Poppy said seriously, trying to be supportive and kind. 

"Because I'm stubborn because I was so afraid of the Bergens coming. I kept them to remind myself that I'm missing out on the fun... and another reason," he whispered the last thing but she heard.

"What was the other reason?" she pressed. 

"Nothing," he muttered. She leaned in with a goofy grin on her face. 

"Come on! You know you wanna tell me!" she crooned, getting into his personal space.

"Nope." he did his best to keep a straight face.

"Tell me!" she squealed.

"Not gonna happen," he smirked.

"Branch so help me, I will tickle you!" she threatened playfully. She knew he knew when Tickle Day was and it was his least favorite Holiday, so he mostly hid in his Bunker. He flashed her a look of slight fear.

"Okay okay! I'll tell you! Just no tickles." he said slightly panicked. At this point she had him pinned on the ground, he wasn't aware of that till now, he blushed furiously.

"The other reason was-is because you made them," he said trying to avoid eye contact. She looked at him in surprise. She blushed slightly, she had her hands on his chest, his stomach in between her legs. She really needs to think before she moves sometimes. She gently cupped his cheek with one hand and made him look her in the eyes. She planted a kiss on his lips, a kiss filled with love, passion, and joy. He reciprocated and parted after a few seconds.

"So does that mean you loved me, even before our little adventure?" she smirked, batting her eyelashes. He blushed hard. She knew the answer from his expression and it sent butterflies in her stomach. She got up and grabbed his hand and pulled him up. There was a slightly awkward silence.

"*Ahem* I uh made us some hot chocolate." he smiled sweetly and pointed to the kitchen. She squealed with delight.

"Are there any marshmallows?" she asked giddily. He smiled warmly and his gaze softened.

"Sure, anything for you, Pops," he stated and the two headed to the kitchen to enjoy their rich chocolate beverages.

Author's Note: Woohoo!! Another chapter!! I am on a role! I dedicate this chapter to KaitlinBolander Sorry about the slight fluff, that was unintentional but I couldn't seem to find a way of not using it, it just fit so well. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter if so leave a like, comment, share and subscribe! Have a Trolltastic day!!