Prologue : 1

- Intro -

He looked at me. His gaze traveling to every part of my existence. I felt weak under his cold stare. He made me feel something that no other man had ever made me feel. Was it fear? Or was it guilt? I stood there, frozen. Not knowing what to do. His cold piercing orbs never left me. His jaw tightened, knuckles had turned white. Was it anger that he felt, or was it sadness? I could never truly read him. He was always a mystery to me. I guess that was what brought me closer to him.

Unpredictable. Unexplainable. That's what attracted me to him. He wasn't like other men, and he wasn't just different, he was something I could never explain. It wasn't lust I felt towards him, nor was it love. It was interest, for some reason I found him absolutely mesmerizing. Was it his smile? His body? His deep, husky voice? No, it wasn't any of those. It was those eyes. His eyes.

I gazed into his eyes. They held a deeper meaning then he was leading on. Something about them made them absolutely terrifying, yet intensely beautiful. They reminded me of a galaxy, filled with so much. They had once held an abundant amount of happiness and pure bliss. Now they hold a cold glare, that's fixed at me.

I ruined his life, I had ruined everything he once had. He lost everything because of me. I could never take back what I had done to him. I had played with his emotions. I had played with his heart. I got lost in the game of love, and I couldn't stop. It became an addiction, it was like a drug. It was toxic.

"I'm sorry."

"It's too fucking late for that."