Chapter 26 - Adrenaline Rush

Start from the beginning

 My head shot up as I met his caramel eyes, but they weren't the only pair staring at me. I could tell Peter knew, he had to, but he wasn't saying anything. It's like he wants me to explain it just to damage my pride. 

 I sucked in a deep breath, looking directly at Scott. He lowered his head, but he knew we didn't have a choice anymore. "A kind who doesn't have to steal their power from another," I said. "One who rises by the force of his own will,"

 Peter clicked his tongue. "Our little Scott,"

 Scott shook his head. "It doesn't matter," he said. He turned back towards Jennifer. "We still need to get her out of here."

 "Scott, your mom," said Stiles, walking over towards him. I stood back with Eric, his heavy eyes on me.

 "My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in twenty minutes," said Scott. "And I don't think we've been here that long. So if we can get down to the garage, and get to the last ambulance we can get out of here."

 "The twins aren't going to let us just walk out," said Peter.

 "I'll distract them," said Scott.

 "You mean fight 'em?" Derek said.

 "Whatever I have to do," said Scott. Only furthermore proof that the idea of a true alpha isn't as far fetched as it may seem. 

 Derek offered his help, but Jennifer demanded not to go anywhere without him. Then, to my surprise, Peter volunteered, followed by my brother. The only problem with Peter is he's still not strong enough to fight off two alphas. I wonder whose fault that is.

 "So what? Do you want like a weapon?" Stiles asked Peter.

 "Something better than I baseball bat," retorted Peter.

 We all began searching through every drawer, cabinet, and shelf in the room for anything that might help Peter fight the twins. I dug through a drawer next to Eric, quickly scanning the names of the medications for anything I recognized. Everything sounded the same.

 "Why didn't you tell me?" Eric asked.

 "I didn't exactly have the chance to," I said.

 Eric crouched down and opened one of the cabinet doors underneath the counter and began sorting through everything. "What do you mean?"

 I huffed out a breath, slamming the drawer I had been digging through shut. "Because I didn't know for sure until Scott saved me from Jennifer. After that you went and disappeared,"

 He stood up and faced me. "I thought you were dead!"

 "You assumed I was dead!" I hissed back. "Maybe if you would have looked at your phone you would have seen the missed calls and texts from me. Maybe you would know that I can't even go home anymore because someone tried to burn it down!"

 Eric froze. "Wait, what?"

 I leaned against the counter, hanging my head for a moment before lifting it back up again to look at him. "Mom's office is gone, Eric. Everything in it...gone,"

 My attention was turned away from the shock on Eric's face when I heard Scott say, "Epinephrine?" He was holding up a terrifyingly large needle and syringe. 

 "That's only gonna make them stronger," said Derek.

 Peter perked up. "How strong?"

 I guess when Eric said I have a connection to the wolf who bit me he really meant it. Which may be why my body is all beefed up on adrenaline now while Peter has the needle sticking out of his chest. My hands were shaking and I knew I shouldn't have this much power. It felt too good.