Chapter 5: Seeing Her

My nerves shook through my body as the Swan house came into my view. I took a breath and shifted back, pulling on my shorts and a shirt, I doubt the Chief Swan would be happy if I turned up shirtless. I took a step out of the bushes, my heart began to race as I got closer to the door, I raise my hand to knock on the door "Deep breaths Bradley" I gently knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

It felt like a life time even though it was seconds for the door to open, a smile placed on my lips as I came face to face with Chief Swan "Hey Chief" I greeted.

The Chief looks at me, his mouth twitches into a half smile "I thought I told you to call me Charlie son"

I let out a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of my neck "Sorry Chie-" I paused as his eyes narrowed at me, I let out a little cough "I mean Charlie"

Charlie let out a chuckle "What can I do for you Bradley?"

"I-I" I stuttered out "Yo-u" I shook my head, pull it together Bradley. Intaking a calming breath I made eye contact with Chief Swan "I wanted to check on Isabella" I said in a firm tone "I mean if that's still ok with you Chie. . . Charlie?"

Charlie nods his head and opens the door wider for me to enter "That's fine" He grumbled "After all you where the one to find her" I could hear he was grateful.

"It was nothing sir" I mumbled "We had another three guys looking through the woods as well, either one of us could of found her" I ranted out.

The Chief looked at me amusement playing in his eyes "Still" His spoke "Thank you"

I just nodded my head not really knowing how to respond, I let a sigh and opened my mouth to speak when a scream echoed through out the house "Isabella" I mumbled, before rushing through the house and up the stairs, my heart raced as the panic set in. I could hear the Chief following behind me, I wasted no time in barging into Isabella's room.

My whole body froze in shock at the sight of Isabella fighting her covers, her face was pale and covered in tears, I look to the Chief who looked at his daughter with tears of his own dripping down his face. I somehow managed to pull myself together and moved over to the bed "Isabella" I whispered gently, her screams turned into whimpers as my hands gently laid upon her arm, I briefly look up at the Chief before gathering Isabella into my arms and slowly sat on her bed.

I let out a relief sigh as she became quite and her breathing began to return to normal "Thank you" My head snapped up to the Chief, I saw that he had shed more tears "She was the same last night" He whispers out "I-I" He stutters "I don't know why she's like this, I know it's her first break up but she shouldn't be like this"

"No she shouldn't" I spoke softly, looking at the brunette in my arms, I know it wasn't a normal relationship between the two, with him been a vampire. . . . I just don't understand her reaction, she should be glad he was gone, he would of left her at one point in the future. I mean the family didn't age, people would notice this, so I didn't understand why she wasn't prepared for this not unless she wanted to turn. I let out a growl at my sudden though, she wouldn't do that not to Charlie or me. . . . Wait I hardly know the girl, I really shouldn't care but I do and I don't know why.

"You don't think he would have hur-" My growl cut him off, I quickly checked over Isabella before turning my attention to Chief Swan.

I let out a snarl "He would have to answer to me if he did" My body shook a little. Deep breaths Bradley, your in a room with the Chief and Isabella.

I felt a pair of hands grab my shirt, my heart jumped at the contact, my shaking stopped. I look down at the girl a little shocked at the effect she had on me.

Why did she effected me this way? How was she able to calm me? Sam told me my questions would be answered but they are still left unanswered.

I felt Isabella stir in my arms, a small groan escapes her lips "I leave you to it" Chief Swan says backing out of the room "I know she's in good hands"

The Chief leaves, my attention turns fully onto Isabella, her eyes lids flicker "Isabella" I called softly, Isabella moves her head from my chest "I'm Bradley Clearwater, I was the one who found you in the forest"

"Hello" She mumbles, my eyes widen and my heart stops as our eyes connect.

Imprint. . . .