Chapter Twenty-one

*Lauren's POV*

I sat in my room legs up to my chest. A picture of Camila and me took over my phone screen. It was a picture me and her had taken when we had the date at the beach. 

I looked at it. Camila's perfect smile made me want to burst out in tears. I missed her looking at me and smiling like that.

Really what is the use in trying to get her back? I see her walking around school holding hands with Keaton. She seems so much happier. She also seems to have forgotten everything.

I have started to doubt what Dinah said to me. She doesn't talk about me. She probably avoids talking about me. 

I miss her so much, and I regret so much letting Austin walk into my house that day.  Every time I see him walking around I want to smash his face into the wall. I hate him so much. I want to give up.

I can't fight for her anymore. I just can't. She seems happy. All I ever did was hurt her. I don't deserve her. Keaton is perfect for her. He is so caring and truly loves. Unlike me I, I hurt everyone.

By now I had tears rolling down my face. I sat there. Crying as I had spent the last weeks. I wiped away my tears only to let new ones take their place.

Moments later my phone vibrated. I looked at it. 

From: Luis
Hey Lauren :)

I wiped the tears away before answering.

To: Luis
Hi (:

From: Luis
How are you?

To: Luis 
Could be better but you know. And you?

From: Luis
I'm Sorry :( I'm great. Hey to get things off of your mind. Um would you like to come with me and get some Ice Cream? :)

I thought about a  little. I guess it'd be good to get things off my mind.

To: Luis
Ummm, sure..

From: Luis
Great!! I'll come by in 10
:))

He sure is  happy. I got up and brushed my hair. and waited outside. I sat on my doorsteps and waited. Then I remembered he didn't know where I lived. Just then My phone rang. It was him.

"Hi, sorry forgot to tell you where I live."

He laughed. "Yeah.."

I chuckled and gave him directions. A few minutes later he appeared.

"Hey" he greeted. "Hi" "Um..You ready to go?" I nodded and got up. He lead me to his car. "So. Um Ice Cream." I nodded "Yep" There was an awkward silence.

We pulled up to the Ice Cream place. I noticed Camila's Car in the parking lot. I walked in behind Luis. My eyes went directly to the spot me and her had always sat at. And to my surprise she was sitting there. Looking thoughtful. As her little sister rambled about something.

Sofie looked at my direction. "Lauren!!" she yelled and ran over to me. Camila looked up our eyes met for a brief moment before looking at Luis. He facial expression turning into something else.

"Hi! Lauren!" Sofie said looking up to me. I smiled at her. "Hi Sofie!" I bent down to hug her. "I've missed you. Why are you mad at Camila?" I looked at her. "I missed you too. I'm not mad at her Sofie." She tilted her head a little. "Why aren't you talking to her and kis-" "Ok Sofie. Time to go now." Camila cut her off. "Okay. Can we go to the park?" She asked her older sister. I smiled at the small child. "Yeah" Camila answered. 

Camila looked up to me. I gave her a smile. She looked away. "Bye" she mumbled. I gave her a small wave and she walked out along with her smaller sister. I sighed and looked at Luis who was already ordering. I went and joined him in line.

*Camila's POV*

I had broken up with Keaton. He was getting to serious in the relationship and I realized that what I was doing was not right. But I think I realized a little to late.

I laied in bed thinking about Lauren. As I had every night. I had thought of talking to her to get things straightened out and maybe have another chance, but I saw her with the new guy from school, Luis.

If she has moved on I don't blame her. I really don't. I was stupid to get so pissed and not letting her speak. Dinah was right. I should have let her speak maybe she was telling the truth. 

The fact that she moved on breaks my heart. Because I love her. And now I find myself regretting everything. She's the only one I want. Her kisses. Her hugs. Her compliments. Her arms around me. I just want her.