Chapter 7

I was mad! This ghost, this girl had tricked me into thinking that she was some sad spirit that needed my help for some stupid reason, but all she wanted was revenge on this town and its people, that included me!

I threw her doll across the graveyard in a sudden rage. I ran back to my house, the gravel road of the graveyard kicking up dust behind me. "You can't escape now!" her airy whisper cried into my head, "We are stuck together, there is not turning back."

I jumped back and let out a scream, a sharp throbbing pain stabbed at side, I looked down to see a smokey, redhot blister on my side spelling out the initials AJ, for Abigail Jane "Why are you doing this!" I wailed out in pain, tears welling in my eyes.

I Suddenly was in the dark cabin again except this time it was illuminated. An old wrinkled man in white robes stood over Abigail. They took a fireplace poker and heated it up in the fire. They took it out, people held abigail down. She screamed. The people held her down harder as she struggled to escape there grasp. The poker gleamed with an orange anger against the dark cabin. Her scream was now ear piercing, it was the most huantily terrible sound I had every heard.

The poker pressed against abigail white china like doll skin, It stayed there and burned and burned until a huge boiling puss filled hole was all that was left in her delicate white skin.

"Its ok, it will help you" said the man in the white robes, we will stop once you are free of this crazy spell, of this witchcraft, whatever they have spelled you with.

"NO!" she cried and with that wiggled free from the grasp of the men hold her down. They tried to grab but she was sly and had almost gotten to the door, but one of the men did get a hold of her.

She tripped and fell into brightly lit fire place nearby, her ragged dress and bright red hair all became involved in the raging orange flames. The smell of burning flesh burnt my nose, but that burning smell, I could smell it in real life too.

I looked over and smoke arose from near my house. I ran over, it was coming from my garden. My work went was going up in flames. Everything was burning and it was spreading. I grabbed my hose and sprayed as much water as I could in it but it would not stop.

It was spreading to my house! I ran inside, grabbing all of my most precious Items out, I started looking for my most prized possession, a doll my father had given me before he died. I reached the cabinet where it was, it wasn't there but instead was the ragdoll from Abigail's grave. I looked everywhere but everyplace I thought the doll might be her doll was in its place.

I tore up every inch of my house, I still could not find it. I started to smell the smoke again. I looked up, puffs of dark gray started to fill up the room. I looked outside the orange flames had engulfed my whole yard, how long had I been looking for that stupid doll. I ran to the door and went to open it. It burned, the handle was hot the fire was right outside.

Golden waves of heat started to engulf the walls. I ran to the top of the stairs. The fire chasing me, it cornered me surrounding me in all corners. I ran into the nearest room, the bathroom. I looked into the mirror my hair was red and my eyes blue like crystal clear water. It was not me, it was her.

The fire now had closed in there was no way out. I looked back into the mirror she was gone. The last thing I ever saw before total darkness was a little girl with bright red hair walking out of the fire and into the town below.

      THE END