"It's very nice to meet you all!" I said cheerfully, smiling with joyous ease.

Finally, one of the other girls, Meleny lost their shy shell and spoke up. "Your so beautiful!"

"Haha! Thank you! So are each and everyone of you!"

They all giggled at my complement. "Thank you!"

Alera swam around me, taking in my blue colors. "Your hair! I love the blue tips! May I touch it?"

"Sure u can!" I gathered my flowing hair over my right shoulder so they could get to it easier. They all came closer and gently touched the vibrant blue cascading through my blond hair.

"It's so soft!" Garfeen whispered.

"I want my hair to be that soft when I grow up! I wanna be just like you!" Alera exclaimed.

My heart definitely went out to these sweet girls. I can't help but feel an overwhelming duty to protect them from anything that could hurt them. The next time I train, until I have to fight the final battle, I will be thinking of these girls.

"Alera! Come inside for a snack! I'm sure all you girls must be hungry." A feminine voice called from the door of the yellow house.

"Coming mother!" Alera called back. Then she turned back to me. "We have to go now." She frowned. "It was very nice meeting you! You will come see us again, won't you?" The sweet girl looked very hopeful. Her brown eyes looked almost like they were pleading me.

"Of course I will! Goodbye now. See you later!"

They all swam off towards the house, racing each other. Still smiling, I continued my swim down the street. Somehow, I ended up far at the end of another street with scattered houses. Is it just me, or do I always end up in places like this...? I looked around and saw a flash of green go behind a path in seaweed. I know that green...

Lankris! I swim forward and follow him, planning to catch up to him and say hi. But something told me to slow down and stay quiet. So I did. Carefully I peeked through some seaweed. I saw Lankris standing there, but he wasn't alone. Someone I have never seen before was standing in front of him. This stranger had and orange tail and orange hair. But his eyes... They were so dark they might have been black. The vibes coming off of this man with the current did not settle the jumping feeling in my stomach.

"How is it going?" The man said in a deep whisper.

"Great. I've found plenty of mer's inside the city who are willing to side with us to save their own pathetic lives." Lankris replied in a voice colder than I could imagine him ever using.

"Perfect. The king and that stupid excuse for a mermaid, Aquema, won't suspect their own people to turn against them. This might be just what we need to finish this. How about that stupid girl anyway? Get anything more from her?"

"I haven't really had a chance to talk to her more. But I know she's been really training. And don't take her brains for granted, Sliem. She is very capable of being very sly and clever when she wants to." Lankris warned.

Sliem snorted. "Whatever. Just kill the old man on the outskirts already. He was once a great warrior. We don't need him interfering with strategies for the king."

"It will be done tonight. And soon.. the final battle. There's no way they can win over all of us. There are too many. And we are too strong. Aquaris will fall, and Aquema will die." Lankris bloodthirsty comment made me stunned. I began to back away, the way his eyes had turned black before, and how they are that way now, the pieces are all coming together. He is a spy. I've got to warn Axar-

"Stumble along the wrong path little girly?" A deep hiss came from behind me. I froze. I was in such a panic I hadn't realized the two had heard me. And now Sliem had swam around behind me.. Oh crabs.

I spun around to face him, only to hear Lankris's cold voice behind me as he too closed in. "You know, if your going to even try to put up a little fight in the battle, you might want to work on being quiet." I glanced back to see him evilly smirking. I officially hate him.

"Lankris-" I started, but he cut me of, with a mocking laugh.

"Don't even try doll. Nothing you can say is going to make me turn all "goody goody". He turned his attention to Sliem. "What do we do with her now? Kill her?"

"No. Not yet at least. This is so very convenient. There's no one around, no one to hear you scream, and no one to save you.." His eyes jerked up to Lankris's. "I think Ducan will want this chance to see her, don't you?"

Lankris's smile grew as he came to realization. "Yes. That will very much please him. Let's go!" He grabbed tightly to my arm. I struggled to get away, but Sliem had grabbed my other arm and slapped on some sort of cuffs before I could react. I was being kidnapped....

"HELP!!!! AXARION!!!! QUESIA!!!! KOLFIN!!!!!!" I screamed as loud as I could, swatting at them with my tail, but I knew no one could hear me way out here. Ugh I've got to stop going out so far into dangerous areas. What can I say, I'm adventurous. And now my bad habit to go to far has caught up with me. Who knows what will happen to me now. I don't even know how to fully use my powers yet! Yes I learned how to use one or two, but they would hardly do me any good now. Plus I would probably end up blowing even my head off if I tried. I still don't have the whole, calming self when using powers thing. And I haven't even discovered my other powers! I'm so unprepared for everything.

"Shut her up!" Sliem yelled at Lankris.

Lankris grabbed a strand of seaweed and tied it around my head as a gag. Now my screams are completely muffled.

Now all I can do, is struggle pointlessly. I never realized how strong Lankris was. And matched with Sliem I have no chance to escape.

All I can do is hope someone will find me before it's too late...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiya!
It's and updaaate!
Ok so I've kinda been stalling in this story and just taking up time, cause I didn't know how to get to the awesome parts in the end without rushing it. But I'm getting bored with it and don't want to take forever long to finish this book. I'm afraid if I don't get it moving I'm gonna end up not writing any more of it. But here we go it's moving along! I'm gonna do this, don't worry about me quitting it. I'm not a quitter and I've gone too far to stop now. :) thanks to all of you who are being patient with me and who read!

I'VE GOT A NEW STORY UP!!!!! I suddenly got an urge to write this story and I'm really liking it already. It's called 'This is Society'. Everybody go read it and tell me what you think! I've only got the prologue and first chapter up so far, but more will be up soon. It's by far more descriptive and more organized than this story, so I'm trying to make it my best story evaaa!

Luv y'all fish people!

I changed my usernameeee. Thanks y'all for telling me how to!

Do y'all like the new cover? @Pearlie made it for me, AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! :D thank Pearlie!

~Shelby