Chapter 8

Richard's POV

After that incident, Alexandria ran after me. My employees are looking at us, shocked.

"Hon, I'm sorry please. I didn't mean to hurt you, its just that... I'm jealous" did she just apologized to me in front of my employees? geez, I feel so bad. I can hear them gossiping about us now.

"Ha? Bakit hon ang tawag nya kay Sir?"
"May kabit si Sir?"
"Akala ko ba okay pa sila ni Ma'am Dawn?"
"Oo nga."
"Diba last time bumisita pa dito si Maam Dawn?"

"CAN YOU GUYS MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS? YOUR BOSS AND HER SO CALLED WIFE ARE ALREADY WORKING FOR THEIR DIVORCE SO SHUT UP. I AM THE ONE HE LOVES NOW AND I AM HER FUTURE WIFE. GET IT? BACK TO WORK." I was shocked when Alexandria said everything, I dragged her back to my office and talked to her.

"Why did you tell everyone that Dawn and I are already working for our divorce? Are you out of your mind?" I scolded her but she just laughed at me.

"Why? Totoo naman ah? Unless you changed your mind." she glared at me, and I shook my head

"No. But what if one of them would tell my kids?" I don't want to hurt my kids, I love them so much.

"Ano naman ngayon? At least alam na nila agad diba?" oh god. this girl is impossible.

"I don't wanna hurt my kids, hon. And what if Dawn would use it as an excuse so she wouldn't sign the divorce? It might also affect our business." now, she looked worried and just apologized for what she did.

"Let's just hope it won't spread." I said and hugged her afterwards. Of course, I can't stay mad at her.

meanwhile

Dawn's POV

It's already 2:25 pm so I fixed myself, I am now wearing a simple shirt and a white pants. I drove to the hospital for my checkup, I am 10 minutes early but Dra. Lea Carmen Muhlach said that we can start now.

"Good afternoon, Dawn. It's nice seeing you again." she greeted me with a heartwarming smile. For years, she've been my doctor/friend and she knows almost everything about me.

"Good afternoon, Lei" I smiled weekly. I'm feeling well for several days now.

"You are so thin, you lost weight. Oh god, Dawn this is not good. Are you eating your meal and drinking your medicines on time?" I smiled sadly, she knows the answer. I always forget eating so does drinking my meds.

"You know you should take care of yourself, right? You need to eat on time and drink your meds." she looked at me worriedly.

"I know, Lei. I'll keep that in mind." then I smiled and held her hand.

"By the way, we already have the results of last time's tests. And I'll be frank with you. You only have little chance to survive the operation if you want to undergo into one because of the location of the tumor, and you know naman na... about the.." she's now having hard time speaking

"yeah.. that I only have a few months to live. probably 2-7 months since it's already been almost a year since I was diagnosed." tears are streaming down to our face. Well, I already expected this but I still can't accept the truth that I'll be leaving so soon. My children still need me, they'll sad if I leave them but I know Richard will be there to take care of them. I know that even though he doesn't love me anymore, he'll take good care of our children.

"I already know this day would come, Lei. I don't want to have surgery, I already accepted that this is my fate. Besides, even if I do it, the chances of success is too low." she hugged me so tight and let me cry in her shoulder.

"But how would you tell your kids that you have a... a grade 4... astrocytoma?" she's now facing me. She looks so worried, her eyes are now red.

"I.. I actually don't know. Probably I'll tell them after Emmanuel's finals. I don't want to disturb him." and probably I'll tell Richard after I talk to the kids but I don't know how... I don't know if he still cares for me.

"How about Richard? I mean he's still your husband and you guys were in each others arms for years so maybe he still cares for you." I hope so... but I don't want to ruin his happiness, he's already happy with his woman.

I just kept silent,

"Dawn, you need someone to take care of you. I know your headaches are getting worse than before. You can't do it alone. You need to tell them already, hun. Don't keep it to yourself. You've done enough for them already. Don't you think it's time for you to think about yourself naman? Can't you just choose yourself this time?" Tears kept on streaming down my face. Lea is still hugging me, also crying on my shoulder. I know she's having a hard time because of my situation. She's been calling a lot of doctors abroad, asking for an opinion on my case.

I'm so lucky to have a friend like her, she's always been right beside me since day 1. But soon, I'll be leaving her too.

***
hello! thanks for reading this :)
Medyo sabaw 🍜

patchxchardawn • 2017
EDITED