Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)

Start from the beginning

"Of course. I mean as much as I don't wanna be around Niko, I don't trust him not to try and take my kids and run."

"I don't think Niko is that stupid but then again he did cheat on you so he's obviously not that smart either."

She looked at me and smirked. "You see my little munsters as your own don't you?"

"Let's just say they've grown on me."

"Awwwh! Arden has a soft spot!" She cooed.

"Ha, Ha, Ha. Just let me know when you're going. I'll be happy to accompany you."

"And why would you want to do that?"

"Your safety for starters and the twins safety. Plus, I want Niko to feel like shit for what he did to you."

"Let me think about it. If you do go, no drama. Meaning don't try to make Niko jealous."

"Okay. Just let me know."

"What time will your mom be here to watch the children?"

"Probably in half an hour."

"Okay well I'm going to finish putting on my dress."

-------------------------------------

When Aaliyah came down the stairs, my mouth dropped. She looked amazing. You think I wanted her earlier, I definitely wanted her now. She had on a blue dress, lace, that flared out at the bottom. Her make up was minimal and her hair was in curls surrounding her beautiful face.

"You look beautiful, micio

"You look beautiful, micio." I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"Thank you. You don't look to shabby either."

"Shall we?"

"Is your mom here?"

"Yeah she's upstairs with the twins."

"Okay, we shall."

[A/N: I found someone else to be my Aaliyah. And this is her :

Her instagram name is theonlychristinaj

Her instagram name is theonlychristinaj. She just happened to fit the looks of Aaliyah in my opinion. 🤷🏾‍♀️ Okay now back to my story.]

--------------
When we arrived at the venue, there were cameras flashing everywhere and reporters. I felt Aaliyah stiffen beside me.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not used to paparazzi."

"Aaliyah, you're a model."

"I was a model. And I wasn't exactly Tyra Banks. Nobody was checking for me then and I would like to keep it that way. Being in the spotlight isn't exactly my forte."  She stated with distaste.

"Well it's just one night. You'll be fine. Just smile when while they take pictures, I can handle the reporters."

She nodded and exhaled a breath.

When we got out of the limo we were bombarded with questions. We smiled took a few pictures and ignored the questions.

We walked into the grand banquet hall and we were greeted with stares of curiosity. The curiosity pointed towards the gorgeous brown skinned woman on my arm.

"Welcome to the lions den, micio." I whispered in her ear.

I led her over to our table and pulled out a chair for her to sit. As soon as I sat down, the one person I was hoping wouldn't be here was.

"Damien!" Hannah squealed running over to me and hugging me.

As awkward as it was I'm managed to keep a stoic expression.

"Hannah." I greeted as I pulled her away from me.

"I was hoping I'd see you tonight. Who is this?" Hannah eyed Aaliyah with distaste.

"His business associate." Aaliyah answered.

"Business associate? Well what do you do?"

"I murder competition." Aaliyah looked up at Hannah with no emotion what so ever.

"Okay, Hannah, will you leave Aaliyah and into ourselves? We have some things to discuss." I knew if I didn't get these two away from one another now, Hannah would end up in a body bag. Hannah always talked to much for her own good especially when she couldn't back it up nor defend herself.

"Okay. I'll come find you later." She smiled at me and then frowned at Aaliyah. Then walked away.

"Who was she?" Aaliyah asked

"A girl I used to mess around with. Her father is one of my Allies."

"Oh okay. Well, I don't want any trouble out of your old flings. Make sure they stay away from me, I have a very low tolerance for bullshit as you know." She stood and made her way over to the bar. I sighed and rubbed my temples this was going to be a long night.

------------------------------------------