ong seongwoo | childhood sweethearts

Start from the beginning

"yes honey." she said as i squealed.

"yes! i can meet Seongwoo!" i said and instantly regretted.

"who?" my eomma asked and i just shook my head.

"nothing." i said and smiled to myself while looking out of the window.

when we reached our house, i ran into it and climbed up to my room and saw all my furniture still there.

"it still looks the same." i thought to myself and went to the window to take a glimpse at Seongwoo's house as his house was visible from my window.

"i wanna go to his house." i thought to myself and walked out of my room and down the stairs.

"i am going out for awhile." i told my eomma and she nodded.

i quickened my pace the moment i was out of the house and eventually found myself running towards his house.

i went to the door and knocked on it and someone opened the door.

"oh (y/n) ah." Seongwoo's eomma was standing there.

"what happened to you?" i asked her and she looked down.

"Seongwoo was admitted into the hospital yesterday as he is diagnosed with heart disease." she said and tears rolled down her cheeks.

"what?! is his condition critical?" i asked and she nodded.

"he needs a heart donor but neither my husband or i can do so." she sobbed.

"i will go for a blood test to see if i can help." i told her.

"no (y/n) ah, you can't! it is a risky operation and i think that Seongwoo would not want you to do so." she said but i did not care.

"i am willing to do anything for him." i said and ran back to my house.

"eomma, go to the hospital." i told her while grabbing my things.

"which hospital?" she asked.

"the only hospital here." i told her and we exited our house.

on the way to the hospital, i explained to her.

"you sure you want to go for the operation?" she asked me and i nodded.

"i am going to go." i said and i think my eomma knew that i am not going to change my decision.

when i went to the hospital, i went to get his room information and ran all the way to his room but i could not go in as they did not allow anyone to go in.

"let me in." i said but the doctor did not allow me to.

"can i be his donor?" i asked him and the doctor told me the test i needed to do and i agreed right away.

i followed him into the room and i did a blood test and i was instructed to go home as the results will only be out a day or two days later.

knowing myself, i was a stubborn girl so i stayed the night at the hospital even when i was not supposed to.

the next day, the doctor called my mom and she rushed down to the hospital.

the doctor told me that i could be a donor for him and i was over the moon.

"can the operation start now?" i asked and they said that it could be done straight away.

the next thing i knew, i was lying on the hospital bed and i was pushed into the operating theatre.