Chapter 1: Chosen

It felt like it was all a dream but when I woke up finally, I realized that i was really here on an island called the Spirit World and I was about to fight a demon called Demon Lord.     My enemy has just learnt about who I was and now he had to be stopped before my friends and family got hurt.     My secrets have to kept at least to protect the one's I care about.      But maybe I should start my story from the beginning so others can understand what's really going on here.     

It was 3 weeks ago, the date was 8-15-1995 and I was just starting my junior year of high school.  The day was almost perfect and then as I arrived at school, I was surprised about how things looked different, but the one thing that I could clearly tell hadn't changed was her, my friend, Sarah.    Yeah, I know, this has nothing to do with me being The Protector and been fighting the Demon Lord, but as a teen there's always girls involved in every story.    Anyways, I quickly approached Sarah and said, "Hey Sarah!   How's was summer for you?"    "Hey Emmi! It was a great summer, I went on vacation with my family to Florida," said Sarah.     Our conversation went on and till the bell to head to class rang and we then went our separate ways.  

Later that day, once I got out of school I was heading home when all of a sudden, I started seeing things because I swear, I was seeing a ghost before me and talking to me.    "You have been chosen to protect the world and I need you to come with me to the Temple of Light," Wizard said.     "Who are you?    I shouldn't be able to see a ghost, but here I am looking at you," replied Emmi Jo.      "Things aren't always what they seem but you are the only one that can see me, and it can make people think you are talking to yourself, but I'm also not exactly a ghost.    I'm a spirit, a spirit warrior," explained Wizard.    I was still very confused but then all of sudden, Wizard transported me and him to this Temple of Light in a flash.

Once I could see clearly from all the bright lights in the room, I could see Wizard standing before me and pointing at something in the room

Once I could see clearly from all the bright lights in the room, I could see Wizard standing before me and pointing at something in the room.    As I could only make out small details of what he was pointing at, it looked as if I was seeing a stand with a book laying on it.    "What is this book, Wizard," asked Emmi Jo?   "That is the book of destiny, and it shows many things about you and why you are here.    Many things can be shown in this book, but not all at the same time and when you need to know something that's in it all you have to do is ask the book.   Yes, the book is alive and has been around for centuries," explained Wizard.      I walked over to the book and began looking at it and when I opened it, the pages were blank.     

"The book is blank, Wizard," said Emmi Jo.      "Just ask the book for anything you want to know," replied Wizard.    So, I did.    "Book, tell me about the chosen one," Emmi told the book.    All of a sudden, the pages of the book started to magically appear words in it.      I began reading and at that moment, I realized that being chosen wasn't by accident but more or less due to me being pure of heart and apparently the bravest warrior the world has to offer.    Me, bravest warrior in the world, impossible if you ask me, but I decided to go with what the book was telling.      As I continued to read the book and finding out about all the demonic creatures that remain in a place called Fire Rock.      "This place, Fire Rock, it sounds more or less like a place of great evil and power, Wizard.     But I'm not sure if I'm the person you're looking for to fight the demon from it," Emmi Jo said.    "The strongest of all man and women is the one with the purest of heart and willing to make the decisions that not everyone can make.   You're still young enough to not yet know if you are worthy of such a task, but I can tell you that you are," replied Wizard.