Chapter 39 - Light vs Dark: The Final Battle Part 1

Start from the beginning

"He isn't even injured..." Roxas stared in utter shock as Zervik calmly rose to his feet, a dark grin plastered across his partially visible face.

"I won't act like a tough guy and say that didn't hurt," He uttered out to the trip across the dark area. "But you're going to need something better to damage this body of mine."

With great speed he appeared before Roxas, delivering a powerful punch to the fox slayer's face. "My bones are indestructible!"

"My mind is unbreakable!" He suddenly turned and delivered a shattering kick to Roxas' stomach, knocking the air out of him.

"My spirit is unbending!" Zervik then loomed over the slivernette, before delivering a simple head-butt to the fox slayer, hammering him downwards into the ground with sheer power.

"Although congratulations are in order..." He said as he stared down at the fox slayer trying to regain his senses on the ground. "You've succeeded in pissing me off."

He opened his right hand, and from it, crimson flames began forming into a gigantic cloak claw, which he then clasped with both hands and pulled behind his head. "Crimson-Tails' Claw!" Zervik yelled as he brought the claws down with speed over Roxas' body.

'Damn! I have to dodge it!' Roxas thought as he quickly shifted his body before narrowly avoiding being crushed by an inch. The claws came down, crashing into the ground with enough force to kick up a debris cloud.

Roxas continued to roll on the ground from the attack, before he stopped and climb back to his feet and watched the cloud of dust. "That was close. I don't get get...after I being tossed around like that, how doesn't he have a single scratch?"

"Because you're weak-minded..." Zervik's voice appeared behind Roxas, much to the fox slayer's shock, with his fist engulfed in crimson flames. "Crimson-Tails' Roaring Hammer!" Zervik then brutally slammed his fist into Roxas' back causing a huge explosion that sent him flying away.

"Pathetic" Zervik said as he watched Roxas struggled to his feet.

Roxas had to admit, that one had hurt. He struggled a bit to get back to his feet. He realized when he felt a slight breeze that his jacket had been shredded so he tore off what was left of the jacket leaving him in only his back T-shirt, pants and shoes. "Weak-minded?" he said, as he faced Zervik with a raised eyebrow. "What are you talking about? I'm never been weak-minded!"

"No? Let's take a trip down memory lane." Zervik said, "Ever since you were young, you've always been susceptible to negative emotions. Rude comments, your quick anger, disappointment, all of it! But thanks to those feelings you've refused to share with others, I was created; The Physical Embodiment of your negative emotions! So I must really say thank you for being an introvert, since because of you I'll get my freedom!"

Roxas cracked his neck before channeling his magic "That may have been the case before, but so what! I said I'm going to conquer the darkness and bring it into the light!" before charged at Zervik.

"Come, I'll destroy that feeble little light, and show you just how hopeless the very thought of defeating me really is." Zervik declared and then channeled his magic before charging at Roxas surrounded by crimson flames. The two wizards met halfway before they began to trade blows.

Shockwaves pulsed all around the hall as blue and crimson streaks met, bounced apart, met, bounced apart, only to meet again somewhere else, each meeting producing the waves that did everything from just create gusts of wind, to shattering most of the floor and sending up swarms of dust when the two met in the canopy.

Zervik blinked then crossed his arms as fast as he could, Roxas' blue fire powered foot slamming into him and thrusting him off the dark counterpart. Zervik landed safely on the ground across from where he'd been fighting at, though the force of his impact caused a crater into the floor as the force transferred.