Part 11

I wake up before Eric does. He turns to face me when I get off the bed, still asleep. I sigh and get changed into my black training clothes.

I walk into the Pit and eat small bites of a muffing before I go to the training area.

A few other initiates are up but they're all Dauntless borns. I walk to the punching bags and throw some random punches. I hear a chuckle behind me but I don't acknowledge them. "You'll never win like that." they said. "Thats nice to know."

They walk behind the bag and hold it. They poke their head out from behind the bag. "What do you want?" I glared at Matt. "I want to help you." he said innocently. "After you kissed me when you knew Im dating Eric?!" I shouted. "Look Ace." he walked in front of me. "Just because you're taken, doesn't mean I don't care about you."

I turn away. "I don't want to see you get hurt." he made me face him. I look at the floor. "Fine," I pushed him away. "Don't try anything on me because I swear I will hurt you." I raised my hands and squared up to the bag.

He chuckles. "Put your hands up higher." he said. I roll my eyes and lift up my hands.

"Whats going on here?!" I hear a loud voice call. "Ace, are you okay?" he asked, glaring at Matt. "See what you did to him?" Eric said to Matt. "What?" I asked and touched my face. I slide my hand over my cheek and pain travels through my face. "You bruised him!" Eric pushed Matt.

"Eric." I put my hand on his muscular stomach. Eric looks back at me. "Get out of here." he glared at him. Matt nods his head and walks away. "You have a bruise on your face." he put his hand on my low neck. "Its okay." I pushed his hand away slowly. I notice that all of the initiates are up now.

"We have matches today." he says quietly. "Who am I up against?" I asked him. He shrugs. "I don't know?" he said, walking away to the mat. "Attention!" he shouted. "Todays first match will be..." he trailed off, looking at the board. "R and Josh." he stepped off the mat.

"I know Josh." I said to myself. Josh and Matt walk onto the mat and don't waist any time. Josh punches R hard in the jaw and he falls to the floor. Josh punches him continuously as he's on the floor. "Stop!" R cried. "Im done." he crawled off the mat. "Are you giving up?' Eric asked R. R wipes the blood off his nose and looks up at him then nods.

I turn to Eric. "Okay," he helped up R, "come on," he walked in another direction of the Pit. We all follow behind them. They walk into the Chasm and they stop in the middle of the bridge Eric pushed R off the ledge and R clings to his life, over the water. "Dauntless do not give up in a fight." he paced on the bridge. R cries as he dangles over the edge.

Someone pushes my forwards, to Eric- causing me to bump into him and falling over the ledge. "Ace!" Eric grabbed my arm before I fell to my death. I look below me and water drops onto my head. "Eric." I cried.

He lifts me up bur I cling onto the ledge. "Ace. Come on." he tried pulling me up again. I look at R, next to me, crying. I look up at at Eric. "Help R or I let go." I looked up at him. Eric looks at R. "Fine. Just please let me help you." he pulled me up and I let him.

Once I'm on my feet, Eric brings me into an embrace. I push him off. "Help R!" I demand, wiping tears from my eyes. Eric pulls up R. "Thank you." R looked at me, tears and blood on his face. I look back at Josh, his knuckles stained with blood- with R's blood. Josh shakes his head. "Lets continue with the matches." Eric said sternly, scaring everyone away and back into the Pit, but me.

Ask Eric walked behind the group, I pull him back. "What the hell Eric?!" I yelled. "What?" "Why would you do that?!" I pushed him, making him take a few steps back. "Its my job." he raised his voice. "What if I backed off from a fight?" I challenged. "Would you throw me off the edge?" I crossed my arms, feeling tears in my eyes. Eric shakes his head. "I-" "Would you?!" I cried. Eric stays quiet. I nod my head slowly, "I see." I pushed him out of the way and stormed into the Pit.

"Ace!" I heard Eric call. "No!" I yelled over my shoulder. I hear his loud footsteps run over to me. He throws me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I yelled, punching him in his shoulder. He winces and puts me down.

"I don't want to talk." I cried, hiding my face in his shoulder. He hugs me. "Im sorry." he placed his hand on the back of my head. I wiggle out of his grasp. "Who's the next fight?" I looked at the floor.

"Ace and Sam!" I heard Four yell. Eric kisses my lips lightly. His lips still warm and taste just as sweet. I laugh slightly.

I cant stay mad at him. I say to myself.

"Good luck." he whispered. I nod my head and walk back to the Pit and onto the mat, where Sam is already at. I want to take out all my anger on her but it doesn't feel right.

"Good luck." she smirked. "Im not going to need it." I held out my fists. Her smirk fades and she punches me in the stomach. I groan and dodge her punch to my chin. I lock her hands in front of me with my left hand and punch her hard in the side of her face. She falls to the floor but stumbles back up. Blood trickles from her nose slowly.

I back up to give her some space and I hear people beginning to cheer: "Come on Ace!"

She lunges towards me and I fall on my back. She punches me in the ribs and stomach before she punches me in the jaw- left and right. I push her off once I feel blood rise to the surface of my skin. As I raise, I see that shes still lying on the floor, trying to get up. I look at Eric and he nods his head.

I walk up to her, limping, holding my side and look down at her. I close my eyes and kick her. I feel my leg sink into her stomach and she groans.

Eric pulls me off the mat as other initiates begin to cheer. "Good job." he said to me and kisses my cheek softly. I nod my head. "You should get some rest." he put his arm around my waist and helps me walk.

As we walk to the infirmary, we pass Sam. Shes passed out so other initiates have to carry her. "I feel like crap." I looked up at Eric. "I don't want you in Dauntless." he looked straight ahead, avoiding eye contact with me. "What?" I asked. "I don't like to see you get hurt." he finally looked down at me. "But its okay when you hurt me?!" I raised my voice but it cracks. "Can we not talk about this right now?" he almost whined. I sigh. "Unbelievable." I said as we walked into the infirmary.

Eric sets me down on a bed. "I love you." he looked down at me and pushed my hair back. "Sure." I rolled my eyes. He kissed me passionately. His tongue on my bottom lip, begging for an entrance. I laugh and push him away smiling. "Im still mad at you." I smiled up at him. "You'll be on rest for a couple of hours before you can leave," he said. "And with your win. You're in third place." "What!?" I said, excitedly. "You're in third!" he smiled. I feel a warm sensation in my stomach and I grab a handful of his shirt in my hand and pull him in for another kiss. He smiles in the kiss and he pulls away slowly, beginning to play with my hair again.

"Will you stay here with me?" I asked him. He nods his head. "I need to tell Four to log the fights. Ill be right back." he tussled my hair and left. I smile.

A lady in black clothing walks into the room when Sam is rushed in. "Ill be with you in a minute." she looked at me and took Sam to the back of the room.

"I cant believe I did that to her." I put my hand on my forehead and pain rushes into my arm. "Ow!" I said quietly. "My name is Casey." the lady walked over to me. "What happened?" she asked me.

"He got his ass handed to him." Eric smirked, leaning against the door. "Shut up!" I smiled at him. "He got hit a couple of times in the jaw, stomach, ribs." Eric told Casey for me.

"No big deal. Just put some ice on it." she walked away and came back with a bag of ice.

+

Night comes again, marking the end of another day of training. "Ace." Eric whispered next to me. "Yeah?" "... I don't want you fighting anymore." "What?!" I sat up and I wince. Eric sits me down. "You beat two people. That means next time you fight, you'll have to fight someone else who hasn't lost." he explained. "You don't think I can do it?" I asked him. He shakes his head. "I don't need to see you get pummeled." he said softly. "Im not throwing the fight. End of story."

He rolls his eyes and kisses me gently. He held my hand. "Get sone rest... You'll be soar tomorrow." I nod my head and I turn my head, looking away from him.