Chapter 1

My POV

My name is Kayla Aguilera and I am the daughter of the famous singer and actress Christina Aguilera. I'm basically the younger version of my mother.

 I'm basically the younger version of my mother

(Not actually her. Just the body type and facial structure. Kayla is tanner and a little less toned.)

 I see Blake Shelton as my actual father than the real father that left my mother. I was best daughter in his eyes. Anyway, I was looking for something to wear to the VMA's and for it to cover the tattoo's on my shoulder. My mom had one picked out, but it showed my tattoos that I really didn't want, but I couldn't find anything else. The dress is sheer red that stops a little above the knee.

 The dress is sheer red that stops a little above the knee

I get ready and grab my things to leave. I walk out of my house and towards the limo that my mom had called for me. As the limo drives towards the arena, I looked through my phone at the acts that were opening it. I saw that Fifth Harmony was performing and I knew that they were also nominated for their song, "Down."

"Hmm. I wonder if I'll meet them." I say.

The limo stops and the driver announces that we were here. The door opens for me and the driver helps me out. Cameras flash as I walk down the carpet and I smile at everyone that I passed. I see my mom and make my way over to her.
"There's my baby girl." my mom squeals.
I hug her and giggle at her squealing. We take a couple of pictures and talk to some interviewers. I feel something graze my shoulders and automatically rub them. My tattoo starts glowing a bluish-black and I could see out of the corner of my eye that the same glow was glowing.
'Please tell me that's not what I see.' I think.

I turn and see that it was Lauren Jauregui that was making the glow. I didn't know anyone had the same tattoo as me, but I guess I was underestimated. My tattoo's were of two different quotes. They were, "Writing, to me, is simply thinking through your fingers.", by Isaac Asimov  and "I know who I am. I am not perfect. I'm not the most beautiful woman in the world, but I am one of them.", by Mary J. Blige. I turn to my mom and whisper to her that I was going to find a bathroom. The glowing stopped after a while as I left quickly towards the bathroom. I walk inside and go up to the sink to splash water on my face. The door opens behind me and I didn't have to say anything.
"I guess my soulmate is a girl." Lauren tells.