Chapter 1

My heart pounds in a rhythmic motion as I run down the old worn country roads near my house. I live in the outskirts of the small town of Maple. Not many people even know it exists let alone live there.

I slowly begin to see my home. It's a tan and brown color with a huge yard and a brick garage. It's only a two story house not including the basement. It's the only place I've ever lived and I love it.

I pick up a steady jog as I begin to get closer to our driveway. I live about 10 minutes away from my school so I normally just walk but today I have to go pick up my brand new puppy so instead of walking I run.

My younger sister Clover sits on our front porch next to my little brother Aster. They seem to be playing one of their made up games. They where born with amazing imaginations that I doubt anyone could copy.

Me, well I was born with a sense of reality. I can pretty quickly figure out if something is real or fake. I never really liked games.

Clover looks over at me and immediately runs over. It takes Aster a few seconds to realize it's me but once he does he's over by me in a blink of the eye. They both wrap their arms around my waist.

Since Clover is 10 and Aster is 7 so they aren't as tall as me. I feel their arms gently let go of my body and i look down into their eyes. My sister looks just like me. We both have blonde hair and blue eyes. She also tries to act like me a lot which is kinda cute.

My brother gets his looks from our mother. He has curly chocolate hair and emerald green eyes. Clover smiles slightly, turns around, and heads towards the house.

"Saige, why are you home so early? You usually get home around 4:45 and your home at 4:20. Where lessons cut short today?" She pauses and turns around to give me a questioning look then proceeds to walk towards our house.

"Maybe they had to cancel classes because the world is ending." Aster says. I shake with laughter at the thought of the world ending. He does come up with the weirdest of things.

"Mrs. Taylor was leaving early because she was going on vacation with her husband so she canceled my computer training." I said to clear up what was going on.

Aster nodded his head but still had a look of doubt on his face.

"So, are we leaving to get our puppy today?" Clover says. I smile to myself at her slight curiosity.

  "Yes, we should be leaving when mom gets home."

  I walk up the stairs of my porch and open my large wooden door.  The smell of cookies hits my nose immediately causing a soft moan to escape out of my mouth. I follow the delicate smell and find my father in the kitchen reading a news paper. He looks up at me for a moment then continues reading his article.

My father and I don't share a special bond like most fathers and daughters do. I kind of hate him for some unknown reason. I walk past him and open the oven to see the delicious treats inside. My mouth instantly waters at the sight.

I check the small timer right next to the oven, seeing that it's only three minutes till their done, I take a seat next to my dad. His eyes don't lift off of the Maple Post but you could feel the tension rising. My fingers tap in an uneven rhythm and my mouth opens before I could even stop it.

"So, where is mom?" I ask finally getting his attention.

"She's at the store." My dad said in a short response.

I nod my head. She should be back pretty soon then. The loud alarm sounds and I briskly get up and check the oven. The cookies look and smell way more delicious than earlier.

"Clover and Aster do you want some cookies!?" I hear excited screeches with a yes at the end.

Of course they would want cookies. I open up the cabinets and grab three identical plates and set four cookies on each. I set them on the table at the exact same time as Aster and Clover came through the walkway. Their faces lit up at the sight of the cookies.

They both sat down at the table and began eating the cookies. I walk over to the fridge and get a small glass of milk and join them. Before I even know it we all finish. I walk through the walkway and up the stairs to my room. The sun shines through my curtains causing my eyes to squint.

My lamp next to my bed is still on from the night before. I forgot to turn it off. I shrug my shoulders and jump onto the large matress. Today was pretty rough. I lift my hands and rub my forhead to relieve the sudden head ache i got thinking about it.

I completly and uterally embarassed myself infront of my crush. I cant even go into detail about how bad it was. I roll over onto my stomach and soon darkness consumes me in a dreemless sleep.

-----

I feel cold and rough hands rap around my arms and gently begin to shake me, increasingly getting faster as time passes. My eyes flutter open seeing my fathers hard face staring directly at me. Once he notices that i am awake he removes his hands and begins to talk.

"We need to go and find your mother." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would we need to go find her?" I ask.

"Because i called her five times and she didnt pick up the phone." He says not telling me everything. I motion for him to go on and he does.

"She didnt come home yet." He says taking a small pause. "Sage, Your mom is missing."

----------

HEY GUYS!!

THIS IS MY FIRST SCIENCE FICTION BOOK SO HERE GOES NOTHING. I HOPE YOU LIKED THE FIRST CHAPTER AND YOU DONT MND THAT I LEFT YOU ON A CLIFF HANGER. I AM ALREADY WORKING ON A BETTER DISCRIPTION FOR THE STORY BUT THAT IS ALL I COULD THINK OF IN THE MOMENT.

BY MY TRUSTY PINAPLES. (IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NICKNAME PLS TELL ME)

LIKE

COMMENT

VOTE