Phase One : Chapter One - One of us

"The Age of Heroes is dead."

Dark Shadow read from a news article, whilst he removed his mask.

"Don't listen to what they say. One day they will notice us. One day we won't be outlaws anymore."

Red View replied in the same tone of voice. Dull.

"I'm sick of waiting for that day to come, Red. It's time we step back from crime fighting and see if they notice us then."

"If we stepped back, then we'd watch what villainy can accomplish. They will gain strength in their domination and we will never be able to bring them down again. Shadow, we've waited, and we will continue to wait until that day."

"I will not. I said I'm done and I wasn't lying. I. Am. Done!"

Dark Shadow walked to the edge of the building and triggered his capes to activate. He then elevated and flew off the edge and into the sunset.

Red View watched up fly away after making a dreadful decision.

It was up to Red to decide whether he would join him or not.

If Red View was to join Dark Shadow in this decision, then the age of heroes would be dead, just like the news headlines insist.

But Red View didn't follow that path. Instead, Red View took on board what he knew he had to do.

In the back streets of cities on earth and also planets far beyond Earth, there are heroes.

Undercover heroes, on the back streets.

Gladiators, in arenas, on planets far beyond our reach.

Assassins, that will do anything to commit to their contracts.

These are the heroes that Red View needed.

Red View made a decision, that he was going to show the world, that the age of heroes, isn't dead.

Red View would go to the ends of the earth to prove that one of us were heroes, and he would find them. With that, he would form a team.

The Undertones!

Red View climbed over the power line and entered an abandoned building that was covered in poison ivy and weeds.

He used this building to hide from anyone, while he was sleeping.

Time ticked by slowly as the Red View tried to close his burning eyes and sleep. But it was not possible, there was too much on his mind and his eyes hadn't recovered from the 'incident'.

The next day, Red Views eyes awakened to the sunrise.

He could hear construction men setting up a stadium, that was located at least four hundred meters from the building he was in.

They were setting up a large event, that would be held to celebrate the end of the age of heroes.

The Clock clicked onto one 'a' clock.

The Stadium was full, every seat taken. People even stood outside the stadium to celebrate. People flooded the street, to just be near the stadium.

The Commander of the EPC, Earth's Police Department, was going to kick off the celebration by making his speech.

He walked slowly onto the stage as the clock reached 1:12 PM. He muttered the words of his speech to himself. He stopped, then stood in the centre of the stage, behind the microphone stand and began his speech.

"Do you believe in superheroes? Or do you believe in the unknown? Or do you live your boring lives not believing in anything and waiting to meet your maker?

Look around. For your eyes are sealed from the truth that lies around the corner.

Crime isn't silent. But the heroes among us are.

Capes or no capes. They save us from the unknown.

The unknown is fought by our heroes every day.

Every day you live the same routine, but the heroes, that are just shadows to us, live a new mission every day!

It's time you know the truth about your utopia.

It's time you know the truth about the unknown.

It's time you know about the heroes among us, cause they may be one of us!

May this day be a remembrance of their service.

But when you put all those thoughts aside, we can celebrate the relief, that no more jobs in the Police Department will be taken."

The Commander finished his speech and popped off the cork of a champagne bottle.

The crowd cheered and let off flares and fireworks of all kinds of colours, in joy.

Red View observed everything from the penthouse of the abandoned building.

He watched everything and everyone, individually, that was in the crowd, celebrating.

Everyone's emotions. They were all happy that we have vanished.

But this didn't settle his soul. This triggered him, this motivated him.

He would stop at nothing to form the Undertones team!

Red View shot a portal at the ground and teleported to the Dark Shadows mansion.

Red View noticed Dark Shadow, unmasked and drunk on the floor.

Red View jumped into Dark Shadows Jet and flew out of the mansion and out to the stars.

Red View knew that the only place where the the superhero's still live, is the New Earth, far beyond our universe.

That was his destination and that was where he was flying too in Dark Shadows jet.